Replacement Powerkaddy battery

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Trolley accessories are a farce - £80 for winter wheels - laughable.

I guess a battery is an essential component and they have you over a barrel. However if you buy a new one and it gets you another 6+ years or so it's cheaper than a new trolley.

Skytot

Visit site
Trolley accessories are a farce - £80 for winter wheels - laughable.

I guess a battery is an essential component and they have you over a barrel. However if you buy a new one and it gets you another 6+ years or so it's cheaper than a new trolley.
I agree, but I’ve spent about £2k on new irons , driver , fairways , putter , winter boots & waterproofs since October. Having getting back into golf after a 14 year absence . I’ve had to basically re-new everything, so an extra £600-1000 is out of the question at the moment. Will have to bite the bullet and buy a new battery. Don’t mind carrying at the moment

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I agree, but I’ve spent about £2k on new irons , driver , fairways , putter , winter boots & waterproofs since October. Having getting back into golf after a 14 year absence . I’ve had to basically re-new everything, so an extra £600-1000 is out of the question at the moment. Will have to bite the bullet and buy a new battery. Don’t mind carrying at the moment

It's not a cheap sport.

Skytot

Visit site
It’s always worth an ask . Never know if anyone is selling one or have discount code . I won’t be paying the price of that photo I’ve posted £299 !!! The cheapest I’ve seen is £225

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do you need an electric trolley?
Why not buy a push trolley?
Amazes me the amount of people at my place, a doddle to walk round, who have an electric one.

Skytot

Visit site
The battery on my powakaddy gave up the ghost about 18 months ago and I just bought a generic 36 hole lithium replacement for less than half the price
That’s interesting. I’m a joiner and my mate has bought a couple of snide DeWalt batteries and they have been fine . If only I could find one for my FW7

Skytot

Visit site
Amazes me the amount of people at my place, a doddle to walk round, who have an electric one.
Yes , I do for comps,it’s a fairly hilly course and nearing 60 and don’t fancy dragging/pushing up the hill on our 15th. I generally carry when I play midweek because I don’t play 18 holes .

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

You have turf that trolley wheels glide across. Go inland 20 miles and that turf becomes soft, wet mud where the grass is left longer to combat the issues. Add in a few hills - even minor and pushing a trolley becomes a nightmare.

TBH I had been carrying all winter so far until the other day where I got my trolley back out. The difference it made to my back was night and day. Hence why I mentioned winter wheels above - however I'm too tight to pay the £80. It's just molded plastic!!!

?