Replace wedges instead of irons?

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All

Just wonderring how many on here have wedges which are not part of your irons set?

Im wanting to get purchase some sexy new (smaller) irons but im now thinking of only replacing my sw, gw, lw with decent wedges and irons further down the line.

Sound like a plan? I must admit my wedges are lookin pretty knackered from all the range bashing they have had.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are the CG15s still pretty decent? And legal :)

All wedges are legal until 2024, really all wedges are decent but it boils down to personal preference. Try the MD wedges really really good wedges but for me just felt a little light.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like my Mizuno MP T wedges, they are fantastic quality and have a ground sole that makes it easy to open the face and manufacture excape shots.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Are the CG15s still pretty decent? And legal :)

If you can get hold of Pre-Groove Rule CG15's, watch out. They put stupid amounts of spin on the ball, especially on full shots making them very difficult to control. The newer, post-Groove Rule ones are likely to be much better and easier to control.
Slightly odd shape to my eye though..

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Im probably gonna go for a couple of FG Tour wedges as I love the look of em and they seem to get as good a review as the others :)