Refurbished golf balls

D

Deleted member 18121

I've always enjoyed Callaway pro v1s.....11th best ball on the market

Springveldt

Visit site
Never understood why people would buy a refurbished ball. That's a ball some company has sanded down then repainted. Even if it was a ProV1 under there, chances are the paint isn't going to be the same spec that Titleist use so it's not going to fly like a ProV1.

Just buy 2nd hand balls off eBay at that point.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Never understood why people would buy a refurbished ball. That's a ball some company has sanded down then repainted. Even if it was a ProV1 under there, chances are the paint isn't going to be the same spec that Titleist use so it's not going to fly like a ProV1.

Just buy 2nd hand balls off eBay at that point.

Or follow @PhilTheFragger for a few holes

Springveldt

Visit site
Always said refurbs and lake balls are a false economy. Plenty of decent balls for the budget golfer these days
Definitely. I've played 3 rounds with those Honma TW-X balls now and they are very good. I bought 2 dozen but I'm going to buy another 2 dozen so I have enough for the season. £19 a dozen is a complete bargain.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Definitely. I've played 3 rounds with those Honma TW-X balls now and they are very good. I bought 2 dozen but I'm going to buy another 2 dozen so I have enough for the season. £19 a dozen is a complete bargain.
Totally agree with this, I am amazed how good these balls are for the price they can be bought for. I was using Wilson or Srixon two piece balls which cost the same before I tried the Honma.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Always said refurbs and lake balls are a false economy. Plenty of decent balls for the budget golfer these days

I dunno, I buy 50 Pro Vs for £25 quid from a bloke who picks them up from the lytham st annes courses. Of the 50 about 35 of them are completely unmarked and have clearly been hit once by an occasional golfer on a corporate golf day (judging by the various logos on them).

I can't get a premium ball, or any new ball, for that price.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I buy pearl grade lake balls for around 50-60p a pop in winter. The last lot I bought were taylormade balls, spot on as well. If anyone can buy equivalents new for around that price I'd love to know where from.

I trust lake balls, I don't trust refurbished. Buy whatever you want ?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I buy pearl grade lake balls for around 50-60p a pop in winter. The last lot I bought were taylormade balls, spot on as well. If anyone can buy equivalents new for around that price I'd love to know where from.

I trust lake balls, I don't trust refurbished. Buy whatever you want ?

Buy!!!! Now't wrong with pickups. Cost £0.00 as well (y)

sunshine

Visit site
I dunno, I buy 50 Pro Vs for £25 quid from a bloke who picks them up from the lytham st annes courses. Of the 50 about 35 of them are completely unmarked and have clearly been hit once by an occasional golfer on a corporate golf day (judging by the various logos on them).

I can't get a premium ball, or any new ball, for that price.

Those aren’t refurbs or lake balls, they are “second hand”. As you say, many of them in mint condition.

A refurbished ball has been repainted to look like new. But you never know what is underneath ? a bit like buying a car that has been written off and welded together by some cowboy mechanic.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rick Shields has a video comparing the 'Costco Kirkland Signature' three piece ball to Pro V1s. He found them to be just as good and £1 a ball.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Found a brand new Pro v1 yesterday, weirdly deep in the trees. Some hackers just have too much disposal income... says he, having gone into said trees to find his sliced AVX! ??‍♂️?
Believe me..many of us at the lower end of the handicap number are more than capable of hitting the ball sideways.....:(:LOL:;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

A urethane 3 piece ball, I bought 6 dozen - they perform really well as far as I am concerned.

Springveldt

Visit site
A urethane 3 piece ball, I bought 6 dozen - they perform really well as far as I am concerned.
Over the last few seasons I’ve used Project(a), Bridgestone Tour B and BRX and last year it was AVX. The only difference I’ve noticed so far with the Honma compared to the AVX is that the Honma is half the price and it checks up quicker on the greens.

Probably the best value ball on the market right now.