Recording general play question

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry for the simple question but my club have said we need to register and record the round on the clubs computer. I was under the impression that the EG app negated the need to register with the club before hand?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry for the simple question but my club have said we need to register and record the round on the clubs computer. I was under the impression that the EG app negated the need to register with the club before hand?

Ignore the club, EG is the key

The fact that you could not be a member and put in a round on EG how would they know?

Clubs need to stop trying to feel in control of handicaps and realise that a seperate system is now the boss.. ignore it and focus on the rest of the jobs

D

Deleted member 23270

My club also stated that we need to register prior to teeing off as well to maintain the integrity of handicaps.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours also sent an email out about putting general play scores in and telling the club your intention to do it. It didn’t sound pressured though, but equally I just put any general score cards in straight via the app and get a PP to confirm it.

peld

Visit site
as others have said, clubs have no (or limited) control over handicaps anymore, so ridiculous they are requesting that!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do not know why clubs are requesting this. Our manager is more than happy for players to use the EG app as it cuts out the need for him to do anything except check unfulfilled intents.

Do not forget you still need a marker and they need to respond to EGs request for verification of the score for it to be added to your record.

sunshine

Visit site

Is this aimed at members who aren’t comfortable with new fangled things like mobile phones and apps?