Record distance drive on Saturday

bradleywedge

Visit site
Swung hard, almost missed the ball completely, and just caught enough of it to hit it horizontally sideways in to rough about 60cm in front of me. I'm blaming the horrendously High winds :) Managed to get out of there with a double (par 4). Not done something as bad as that for about 20 years.

What is the worst drive you have ever hit?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My worst drive was on our longest par 5, 570 yards and this was in a medal in the 1990s.

Daisy cutter and it hit the one of the yellow markers about 30 yards ahead, came straight back at me and finished behind the tee.
From there hit 5-iron, 3-wood, 5-iron and one putt for a par.
Very memorable.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Another opportunity to post this pic of Fragger playing his 2nd off the whites...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It'll never get old:cool:
View attachment 40901
We have a tradition at our place that if you don’t know it past the womens tees you have to get something out. Don’t know if England golf have adopted that yet. Looking at Fragger He could well get frostbite on a part of his anatomy ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We have a tradition at our place that if you don’t know it past the womens tees you have to get something out. Don’t know if England golf have adopted that yet. Looking at Fragger He could well get frostbite on a part of his anatomy ?
He managed to not drive past the reds last Sunday on the 6th......I was 20 yards in front of him, turned and made the flopping hand gesture...his little shoulders dropped like a stone....
He's worth the green fee to play with him...quality entertainment

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have power lines at our club. I managed to hit the one directly above the tee.

Luckily it is 'you must take the shot again without penalty'.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Swung hard, almost missed the ball completely, and just caught enough of it to hit it horizontally sideways in to rough about 60cm in front of me. I'm blaming the horrendously High winds :) Managed to get out of there with a double (par 4). Not done something as bad as that for about 20 years.

What is the worst drive you have ever hit?
Most embarrassing is nearly missing the ball on the 1st at the Old Course. It did clear the front of the teeing ground - but not by much. Then proceeded to smash my ball out of bounds. I had had a very late night with friends who lived on The Scores and we had drank rather a lot of whisky into the wee small hours.

Closely followed by a tee shot on the 1st at Hindhead. It went sideways then backwards - ending up under the bench immediately to the side of the teeing ground. Pity that it was a team match and four other pairs plus some members witnessed it. I had to tee it up again as it was unplayable (well rather obviously being under a bench)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
My old club . Monthly medal, lovely Sunday morning , back tees , boomed a drive , it solidy hit the big branch beside the society tees , flew back bounced in front of me , over my head OOB on to the road ,, pure silence from every 1 for about 10 seconds then laughter . Lovely treble to start the round ??
A minus yardage after 1

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Personal "best" was a drive on a long par 4 at Laranjal in the Algarve. Long hole so I was planning to give it the full welly. I hit the ground so far behind the ball that the club bounced clean over the ball. One of my playing partners thought it was a practice swing as the ball obviously hadn't even thought about moving. One stood staring slack-jawed in disbelief. And one almost collapsed laughing at me.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I played at a course with a road crossing in front of the tee some 50 yards ahead.....hit straight into the kerb on the opposite side of the road and had the ball come back and land virtually at my feet.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Playing at an old club one winter morning.
Hit a 4 iron off the tee - well, tried to! Head came off as I struck ball. Ball went a couple of feet and head bounced down the course, across a frozen pond and disappeared into a hole made around reeds. Not the best start!

On another occasion (not me this time) I was playing in a day at Camberley Heath. The organiser, my Wife's ex, was in the group ahead tee-ed thinned his tee shot and the ball rebounded off the Ladies Tee - nearly taking his son's head off! He played his 2nd from about 50 yards behind his 1st! Memorable day, as I won the Visitors comp.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Desperately trying to deflect attention

Who remembers the Kings of Distance 2015 at The London Club, especially the team games at the end.

Good old @Swinger
Still owes me a driver ?

I’m sure someone somewhere has that clip

Edit: see post 31 ??