Re-shafting clubs

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anybody ever have their clubs re-shafted?

Aside from the price of the new shafts, is it expensive to get the labour done?

cheers,

bill

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
My nephew found a broken putter in one of the tee side bins at the course (good putter) I got it re-shafted for him by he Pro and it cost me £20

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think a lot of it depends on what you are getting. Obviously the better the shaft (and the grip on top) the more £ you pay. I have known instances where club pros have recommended getting a new club rather than pay for the replacement shaft, grip and labour cost.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Homer is on the money there.

Can you tell us what you are looking for out of the re-shafting?

That is the important thing,then I am sure one of us will be able to point you in the right direction mate.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Homer is on the money there.

Can you tell us what you are looking for out of the re-shafting?

That is the important thing,then I am sure one of us will be able to point you in the right direction mate.

I suppose i'm weighing up my options for future golf in light of my injury (i'm even sick of hearing myself mention it but you did ask) with a view to switching to graphite amongst a range of possibilities to keep me 'in the game'.

I'm currently lining up a video swing analysis in a couple of weeks and was speculating that amongst the things the pro might suggest would be a switch to graphite. A bit of speculation at best.

In the meantime i've checked out a few websites for the cost of shafts and it looks like a major investment if not a complete trade-in would be on the cards.

I would need to be seriously convinced it was going to make a difference .

bill

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Graphite or composite shafts will give you 2 main things.

A "softer" hit with less vibration delivered to your body.

Greater reaction from the shaft which will add yardage.

The heads need to be weighted differently tho so your existing ones probably would not suit.

Please see a professional tho before you play again,dont do permanent damage by being too brave.
Trust me if I could turn back the clock!!