Rather Cheap Remote Control Trolley

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Thought about adding this to the bargains thread, but, maybe worth a discussion on it's own. Just had this pop up in my FB feed, it's for a remote controlled electric trolley, for the princely sum of $59.99 including free shipping (reduced from $199). I know the details are all US, but pretty sure this will be delivered from China. However, for $59, is it worth a punt......?

https://www.tensible.store/💴FREE-SH...mGlR6Y-kWBRHtAE8lmxp7oVi4MsTfYTdR86Zs6qTuvR_0

Personally, if I was looking for a trolley right now (I'm not), I might be tempted for a whopping £46. Of course I understand the old adage of buy cheap, buy twice etc. Even if it only lasted a year...... would you be tempted.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm inclined to agree with LT, but sometimes golf bargains can buck the trend.

Anything made for golf has a price premium added duentonthe stereotype of who plays the sport.

Waterproofs trousers for golf £180, bog standard ones for walkung from an outdoor store £50. Chinos by a brand name £70, primary ones that are exactly the same, £10.

I got a suoki rangefinder for £35 (in fact I got 2). First one still going strong and works as well as a £300 counterpart.

All that being said. I'm not buying the trolley ??

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
That website looks so dodgy. Google Maps doesn't find the address. The email address is for a domain that links to another website which also sells tat but is partly in Chinese. If you search the phone number it comes up with rwilkinsconsulting.com which looks like a demo website and also has the same address as the website selling the trolley. Avoid.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Thought about adding this to the bargains thread, but, maybe worth a discussion on it's own. Just had this pop up in my FB feed, it's for a remote controlled electric trolley, for the princely sum of $59.99 including free shipping (reduced from $199). I know the details are all US, but pretty sure this will be delivered from China. However, for $59, is it worth a punt......?

https://www.tensible.store/?FREE-SHIPPING?Angel-cat-Remote-Control-Electric-Golf-Caddy-p233575.html?fbclid=IwAR0yrLHOWnGPu4mGlR6Y-kWBRHtAE8lmxp7oVi4MsTfYTdR86Zs6qTuvR_0

Personally, if I was looking for a trolley right now (I'm not), I might be tempted for a whopping £46. Of course I understand the old adage of buy cheap, buy twice etc. Even if it only lasted a year...... would you be tempted.
Website blocked on my work laptop as it is a newly registered domain. Read into that what you will.

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately if you order that trolley - the only guarantee is that you WILL NOT receive that trolley.

Happened to my pal (not with a golf item, but something else) - the same item should have been a few hundred but it was offered at about $50.
He expected it to be a scam but paid through paypal to see for himself - sure enough the item didn't arrive, the website closed down and he had to chase his refund through Paypal which he got in the end.

D

Deleted member 23344

Why do you want a remote controlled trolley anyway?