Random Irritations

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I did away with the programmer
In winter I just turn the thermostat down to 15 degrees around 9 pm also when going out. Usually set to 19 degrees but adjust to suit.
Only takes 10 minutes for the place to heat up, turn radiators off in unused rooms.
This CAN be false economy (if that's the reason for doing so). Temperature differences are the primary reason for draughts and it's often these that give the impression of areas being cold. There may be other reasons why heat is escaping from unused rooms - e.g. blinds/curtains left open even with double glazing installed; gaps in doorways/doorways to those unused left open.

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Neighbours who don't secure their bins when it's as windy as it was last night. We now have half their rubbish over our front garden and the rest of it must have blown down the street.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When researching stuff I will usually look at the 1* reviews as well as the good reviews…but my goodness … I do wonder about the folks who post such as … ‘Bought as Christmas gift so am not able to provide a review’…?

I just read a review for a pair of golf shoes. Buyer gave them 5 stars and said "my husband really loves them". Then says "he hasn't worn them on the course yet".

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Abuse online .. since when was it acceptable to insult someone who offered up an opinion that you disagree with to refer to them as an idiot/clown/muppet…etc, and no rational argument to counter the opinion?? And even when there is an opinion it’s fundamentally based on being a fan.
Then when it is raised as abuse it’s deemed acceptable… social media needs to clean up and we need to stop this behaviour as it will start to become the acceptable behaviour in our society and the bullies will win .

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gov't announcing "Return to UK" day 2 tests now have to be PCR and you have to isolate until you have a negative result. No issue with that - except.... I get home from Spain late on a Thursday and have a foursomes match early Friday - which was the only day all 4 of us could get together. And now I'll not be able to do it. (And we got to the final last year). Rats ...