Random Irritations

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
People agreeing timescales when they have no knowledge of said timescale, then ignore me when I say it can't be met, and are now trying to shift the blame to me as the client are unhappy - another reason why I put everything in writing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
People agreeing timescales when they have no knowledge of said timescale, then ignore me when I say it can't be met, and are now trying to shift the blame to me as the client are unhappy - another reason why I put everything in writing.
Exactly the reason I left Purchasing/Inventory Control nearly 20 years ago and became a driving instructor ...Still many wassocks to deal with but they don't own me..

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
AZ making a big song and dance about their new HQ like they deliberately spent over £1bn.

It’s four years late opening, at least three times over the (incorrect) original budget, and still isn’t finished.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The temperature control in my car is via a touchscreen.
It starts at "Lo" and goes in 1°C increments up to 18° where it changes to 0.5° increments all the way 24° when it reverts back 1°gaps..
Do they really think we can tell the difference between 20.5 and 21°..???
Really???

RichA

Visit site
It starts at "Lo" and goes in 1°C increments up to 18° where it changes to 0.5° increments all the way 24° when it reverts back 1°gaps..
Really???
Drove a couple of cars at work with touchscreen climate control. Hated being unable to just reach for the rotary dial. For me, it's one of the things in a car that technology makes worse. It prevented me from buying an otherwise perfect Volvo estate last year.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Drove a couple of cars at work with touchscreen climate control. Hated being unable to just reach for the rotary dial. For me, it's one of the things in a car that technology makes worse. It prevented me from buying an otherwise perfect Volvo estate last year.

I would like to know how many accidents are caused by fiddling with these touchscreens, on my XC40 changing the temp or turning the radio over guarantees I'm gonna be on the wrong side of the road before I've finished! I have to make sure its all perfect before I pull away.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Really???

Does no one else just set the temp at a comfortable level and leave it on auto?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I would like to know how many accidents are caused by fiddling with these touchscreens, on my XC40 changing the temp or turning the radio over guarantees I'm gonna be on the wrong side of the road before I've finished! I have to make sure its all perfect before I pull away.

An awful lot more than people own up to would be my opinion.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Needed to ask a couple of questions about a pension that's about to start.
Called the helpline.
Sat through the interminable introductory messages and menus.
Finally got to the end of that and next thing that happens...
"The line is busy".
Click.
Call ended. No queue.
Not even the decency to apologise before hanging up on me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does no one else just set the temp at a comfortable level and leave it on auto?
I have the same temp, summer or winter, never change it. My FIL gets in his car on a cold day and turns it up to max. It blows out cold air at high speed but then eventually gets to the right temp. After a few minutes everyone in the car starts to sweat and so he turns it down to the minimum temp. Can you see how this goes? Max to min, every few minutes. I've suggested just leaving it at an ambient temp but he wont have it. It's stressful being in his car o_O

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not when you have to have windows open all the time..a day like today the temperature is up but on a warm day right down...
I did away with the programmer
In winter I just turn the thermostat down to 15 degrees around 9 pm also when going out. Usually set to 19 degrees but adjust to suit.
Only takes 10 minutes for the place to heat up, turn radiators off in unused rooms.