Random Irritations

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Americans and hotel rooms are a hellish combination. I am on a couple of Facebook groups for resorts in Antigua and they have discussions about exactly what room number they should have etc. On a resort trip, the room it pretty irrelevant, I am hardly in it. Free gifts are another one. Some of the rows I have seen because they did not get their free tote bag or because their resort bag tags did not arrive before departure. It is insane. Oh, and they seem to want to know eveything about everything before they arrive, they seriously do not want any of their trip to be a surprise or to find and discover things for themselves. Rant over
I remember watching a documentary on some Americans who came to the UK for a holiday. It was shocking. They brought their own food as they didn't know what we ate over here, and complained as the statues in the Roman baths looked old and worn. :rolleyes:
We were flying back from the States and were set next to a young American girl who only had US Dollars and just thought all the shops would take them because "They're American dollars!"

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember watching a documentary on some Americans who came to the UK for a holiday. It was shocking. They brought their own food as they didn't know what we ate over here, and complained as the statues in the Roman baths looked old and worn. :rolleyes:
We were flying back from the States and were set next to a young American girl who only had US Dollars and just thought all the shops would take them because "They're American dollars!"
Well they are raised on a mainstream diet of believing the whole world revolves around them. You see it in every disaster movie where "saving the world" generally means one or two of the larger American states.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well they are raised on a mainstream diet of believing the whole world revolves around them. You see it in every disaster movie where "saving the world" generally means one or two of the larger American states.

To give them a small bit of credit, most of the places that are seen as short hall for them, Carribean, Mexico, central america etc do welcome US dollars more than their own currency and so they are used to travelling to another country and having them take US Currency. I remember going to a shop in the Cayman Islands that would only take US dollars and not thier own currency

D

Deleted member 16999

If only we could! Getting bombarded with loads of emails from every site I ever bought anything form online. Bloody annoying!
You don’t have to read them, just delete as soon as you see “sale” or “Black Friday” in the title.

D

Deleted member 16999

If someone finds it irritating, that is all that is required to warrant a place on the thread. Really no need to debate it as it is pure opinion what is irritating and what is not.
These things happen though, ie, your debate over US tourists.(y)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm also very irritated by Black Friday, meaning the Friday after Thanksgiving, on the grounds that the UK does not celebrate Thanksgiving, that BF has been going on for what seems weeks now, that so called bargains have been sold cheaper recently, that it's a complete load of (bleep).

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha, yeah. Some people really struggle with the concept of reviewing something. I'll be looking at sportswear, football boots, whatever it is, and see a one star review that says "Wrong size was delivered, product returned." or something similar. How is that a review of the item?? The reverse is true as well "Product received within 48 hours, great service." Yes but was it any good?? Absolute donkeys. :LOL:
I sometimes wonder what the point of reviews would be for some items. I recently bought a dozen tour speed golf balls from Amazon. I haven’t done a review as I don’t see the point, folks know what a golf ball is.

My review would end up being sarcastic.

“Bought these to play golf with. They are white, round and very hard. They are also easily lost if you’re not good at golf.”

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
To give them a small bit of credit, most of the places that are seen as short hall for them, Carribean, Mexico, central america etc do welcome US dollars more than their own currency and so they are used to travelling to another country and having them take US Currency. I remember going to a shop in the Cayman Islands that would only take US dollars and not thier own currency
As you find in Cambodia…as a result of fairly recent history of course.