Random Irritations

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
They need to find another name for it.....
Black Friday just doesn't work when it lasts a month and a half....
Email from Amazon just now " 2 days of Black Friday"
I despair.....
Need to get rid of the black as well, just call is Friday :LOL:

Maybe call it something unique like……. “Sale.”

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Honestly, it was one of the more shameless rip-off attempts I've seen in a while.

My front left car tyre has been leaking air for a few weeks - took it to Mercedes "You need a new tyre - £134"

Took car to halfords...

Fixed the valve that was leaking... free of charge....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My front left car tyre has been leaking air for a few weeks - took it to Mercedes "You need a new tyre - £134"

Took car to halfords...

Fixed the valve that was leaking... free of charge....
I think in the case of my badminton racket the lesson learned was don't be lazy and fix it myself in the first place rather than trying to help out a local business, ha.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What should have been a straightforward MOT on my mobile locker-room aka my 08 Polo - finds a leak from a pipe that means emissions limit is exceeded. £100 to replace pipe…ho hum.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When researching stuff I will usually look at the 1* reviews as well as the good reviews…but my goodness … I do wonder about the folks who post such as … ‘Bought as Christmas gift so am not able to provide a review’…?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
When researching stuff I will usually look at the 1* reviews as well as the good reviews…but my goodness … I do wonder about the folks who post such as … ‘Bought as Christmas gift so am not able to provide a review’…?

I always look at the 3 or 4 star reviews. Especially with holidays, 1 star reviews have a grudge or a unique issue, 5 stars can be fake or just fans of the place or company in general. 3 or 4 stars tend to be more considered and even lookingt at plus and minus points.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I always look at the 3 or 4 star reviews. Especially with holidays, 1 star reviews have a grudge or a unique issue, 5 stars can be fake or just fans of the place or company in general. 3 or 4 stars tend to be more considered and even lookingt at plus and minus points.
…other tip I got (from my daughter) is that when researching consumer goods only take full notice where there are large numbers of reviews. Where numbers are few then, as you say, overall rating can easily be skewed by ‘biased’ and ‘unreasonable/stupid’ reviews and ratings. When you are stuck with just a few then yes - good idea to look at the. 3s and 4s.

Also when looking at reviews of such as holidays, hotels, restaurants I am sensitive to the fact that our dear cousins from across the pond can have extremely high expectations and can find the ‘quirkiness’ and ‘limitations’ of UK establishments very difficult to ‘accept’.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha, yeah. Some people really struggle with the concept of reviewing something. I'll be looking at sportswear, football boots, whatever it is, and see a one star review that says "Wrong size was delivered, product returned." or something similar. How is that a review of the item?? The reverse is true as well "Product received within 48 hours, great service." Yes but was it any good?? Absolute donkeys. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also when looking at reviews of such as holidays, hotels, restaurants I am sensitive to the fact that our dear cousins from across the pond can have extremely high expectations and can find the ‘quirkiness’ and ‘limitations’ of UK establishments very difficult to ‘accept’.
This is massively true when it comes to hotel rooms. Americans expect huge rooms and many hotels in cities are more compact, historical buildings, land prices are a premium etc. You have to read past those 'small room' complaints, as you rightly point out.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is massively true when it comes to hotel rooms. Americans expect huge rooms and many hotels in cities are more compact, historical buildings, land prices are a premium etc. You have to read past those 'small room' complaints, as you rightly point out.

Americans and hotel rooms are a hellish combination. I am on a couple of Facebook groups for resorts in Antigua and they have discussions about exactly what room number they should have etc. On a resort trip, the room it pretty irrelevant, I am hardly in it. Free gifts are another one. Some of the rows I have seen because they did not get their free tote bag or because their resort bag tags did not arrive before departure. It is insane. Oh, and they seem to want to know eveything about everything before they arrive, they seriously do not want any of their trip to be a surprise or to find and discover things for themselves. Rant over

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Finishing exercise walk this morning, walking on road towards oncoming traffic and bus deliberately veers towards us then veers off again less then 30 yards away

Prat