Random Irritations

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not everyone who has paracetemol on prescription is physically able to go to a shop and buy them or buy them in the amounts they require in one trip.

Indeed but as always the case there are people who can but just dont

Anyone who has a prescription for paracetamol and goes chemist and is paying for it (£9 odd) the chemist should be able to go look here is the same stuff at less cost to you .. and saves the NHS a lot

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing dodge the downpours this morning for walking the dogs. Managed to do exactly the opposite - soaked through (all three of us)!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Anyone who has a prescription for paracetamol and goes chemist and is paying for it (£9 odd) the chemist should be able to go look here is the same stuff at less cost to you .. and saves the NHS a lot

I was offered a prescription for paracetemol just before lockdown. It would have technically cost me nothing as I pay for my presciptions on an annual certificate. I still declined. Speaking to the doctor and there is a boots pharmacy in the same biulding and a sainsburys on the other side of the road, both sell paracetemol for less than 50p and yet plenty ask for a prescription if he recommended taking it.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think you maybe a little out of date, it’s over 2 years since NHS England came out with a list of over 30+ items (paracetemol being one) that shouldn’t be prescribed to anyone, except those with long term or complex conditions, they’ll be told to go and buy it.

So your scenario above should be a thing of the past.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you maybe a little out of date, it’s over 2 years since NHS England came out with a list of over 30+ items (paracetemol being one) that shouldn’t be prescribed to anyone, except those with long term or complex conditions, they’ll be told to go and buy it.

So your scenario above should be a thing of the past.

Post above goes against this no?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Surely no one goes to the GP for paracetamol ?‍♂️
I remember having a conversation with my doctor about this, as you get free prescriptions in Scotland. He says he has got asked for aspirin and paracetamol on prescription, and he's refused.
Patient - "But I'm entitled"
Doctor - "I don't care if you're entitled, it may be free to you, but it costs me £9 to raise a prescription for something that you can buy for 50p in the shop. This is non-essential medicine and not a sensible use of my funds."
I like my doctor. :LOL:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember having a conversation with my doctor about this, as you get free prescriptions in Scotland. He says he has got asked for aspirin and paracetamol on prescription, and he's refused.
Doctor - "I don't care if you're entitled, it may be free to you, but it costs me £9 to raise a prescription for something that you can buy for 50p in the shop. This is non-essential medicine and not a sensible use of my funds."
Most chemist in Scotland have a minor ailments service, you just have to register to get a certain amount of non prescription medication free.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Free prescriptions on Scotland and Wales but NOT ENGLAND. And yet we put up with this and they (Wales and Scotland) still moan on an on and on and on.....etc

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

went to get a flu job at the pharmacist yestrday - guy in front paid for several prescriptions from the girl on the counter - when the pharmacist came through with the package he told the girl to refund one and told the guy to buy it as it was much cheaper. Should be standard practise

D

Deleted member 15344

Hypocritical Covid Police

Age generalisation

Multiple nonsense Tesla threads