Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to think it wasn't, but apparently it is.

Mrs. BiM came down & persuaded me to try Pop Master; he was that bad he didn't even realise that someone had won the tie breaker.
Tbh, there seems to be a number of”new” voices on BBC national radio that are irritation at best to listen too.
5 Live seems to have almost a whole station full.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just heard that Jeremy Vine on R2 is going to be discussing whether people should be allowed Pawternity leave!?!?! This is 1-2 weeks off, paid and not form leave allowance, when you get a new dog. The world is going mad!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just heard that Jeremy Vine on R2 is going to be discussing whether people should be allowed Pawternity leave!?!?! This is 1-2 weeks off, paid and not form leave allowance, when you get a new dog. The world is going mad!

I read the first sentence & thought that was a typo, then read on. :eek: Going mad? We're already there if this is serious. :eek::rolleyes:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd prefer to stay at smaller venues, somewhere like the O2 at Greenwich as a maximum, but you don't always have the luxury of that choice; if it's a stadium or miss out, you'll find me somewhere in the stadium. 3 consecutive nights at Wembley Stadium to see Bon Jovi, Billy Joel & The Eagles was fantastic despite the venue.

The Royal Albert Hall is more than a bit special.

And more venues need to operate like Rock City to kill the scalpers. AXS now send tickets as a QR code to a phone app, don't know if that helps or not.

That's just persuaded me to try and book a ticket for next April at RAH. £45 for the artist in question. Bargain! Except the website is giving me a spinning wheel! :confused:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you make the rare effort to trim around your beard and make it look half decent, and all it does is snag on your clothes for the next four days. ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sally Nugent named as the new full time presenter on BBC Breakfast ?

Oh no. She is quite awful. So obsequious and nauseating! This week there was an item about undiagnosed ADHD in females compared to males. They interviewed a woman who had been called forgetful, stupid and clumsy all her life, got diagnosed in her 30's and was doing well on new medication. She mentioned forgetting where things were with alarming regularity as one of the symptoms, amongst many. Back to studio and Nugent says "ooh Dan we all forget our car keys don't we" which immediately belittled the seriousness of the item and this woman's struggles in particular. Thick as...Dan was clearly embarrassed and tried to cover.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh no. She is quite awful. So obsequious and nauseating! This week there was an item about undiagnosed ADHD in females compared to males. They interviewed a woman who had been called forgetful, stupid and clumsy all her life, got diagnosed in her 30's and was doing well on new medication. She mentioned forgetting where things were with alarming regularity as one of the symptoms, amongst many. Back to studio and Nugent says "ooh Dan we all forget our car keys don't we" which immediately belittled the seriousness of the item and this woman's struggles in particular. Thick as...Dan was clearly embarrassed and tried to cover.
She interviewed a student who had her drink spiked this week. I can't remember the exact wording but she asked something along the lines of 'why didn't you drink from a bottle and have your thumb over the top?' I was so relieved the bloke hadn't asked the question, 'man blames victim for drinking spiked drink!', but it was an open mouthed moment.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
good summary - a man i cannot stand. Conceited supercilious & sanctamonious
You talking about Andrew Pierce then…

JO’B holds callers to account and let’s them substantiate or undermine their own views - and for many who hear a callers rationale for their opinion going down the plug hole that’s uncomfortable - mostly as they themselves hold the same views - and so they can’t stand JO’B. Pity he has a record number of listeners - 1.3m at last estimate - listeners who mostly agree with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I suspect that is the answer. I wont be setting off from here until around 3.30, not my choice, so I would be hitting the M62 at peak rush hour. Sounds as though it is the better option today though. Thanks for that (y)

I don't the service stop offs on that route, there will be no Killington Lake, that's for sure :eek::LOL:
The Tebay SS is far superior. There was a programme on C5, 6 episodes earlier this year. killington Lake is very good but Tebay is exceptional and is very busy during school holidays.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You get annoyed when others misinterpret your posts on other threads! I’m sure Pnwokingham knows who he means!

You are just trolling!
Rather I might suggest that in that comment you are me…

I think it pretty obvious the nature of my comment…but you may or may not have noticed that I’m not posting much these days as I simply can’t be bothered with this sort of personal attack when I post anything.