Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had 2 rounds in 2 days planned

Had to cancel one so picked today as weather looked awful and tomorrow is a comp

Now today was dry. It's hammering it down now can bet your mortgage course will be closed tomorrow

Standard

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Weather forecasts

Called yesterday off as had to cancel one round this week for childcare

Turned out didn't rain yest but did last night (last min "amber warning") course closed today

Called it as soon as the amber was warned

Not the courses fault

Wish the met office app was more reliable

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Weather forecasts

Turned out didn't rain yest but did last night (last min "amber warning") course closed today

Not the courses fault

Feel your pain, but rain radars are better indicators in the short term.
In my farming days they are invaluable as many products had to dry on leaf to be effective and I became very good at reading them.
So yestersay 26 guys down to play in the fiddle on Tuesday night and with forecast 20 dropped out but 6 orginlas and 4 newcomers who looked at the radar turned up to play and apart from 2 mins we had a dry round and I won the £ to boot ?.
I use a combination of Met Office radar and Rain today app

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feel your pain, but rain radars are better indicators in the short term.
In my farming days they are invaluable as many products had to dry on leaf to be effective and I became very good at reading them.
So yestersay 26 guys down to play in the fiddle on Tuesday night and with forecast 20 dropped out but 6 orginlas and 4 newcomers who looked at the radar turned up to play and apart from 2 mins we had a dry round and I won the £ to boot ?.
I use a combination of Met Office radar and Rain today app

Need to get involved with that app!

My fav is when the met say 5% chance of rain all day ..then it rains and not just a little lol

D

Deleted member 23270

Weather forecasts

Not the courses fault

I thought you played at a links?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Facebook Marketplace sellers who advertise items for "Free" only to then put either a price or "message for prices"...so it aint free is it?! This allotment ownership has made me an upcycler (aka scavenger!)...

Also films and TV shows which rely on showing a text message as part of the plot (usually an important part) but is only visible on a 70 inch TV or by pausing and getting up close to the screen to read it...

Whilst I'm at it! "24 Hours in Police Custody" which follows cases which are anything but 24 Hours in Police Custody...

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Facebook Marketplace sellers who advertise items for "Free" only to then put either a price or "message for prices"...so it aint free is it?! This allotment ownership has made me an upcycler (aka scavenger!)...

Also films and TV shows which rely on showing a text message as part of the plot (usually an important part) but is only visible on a 70 inch TV or by pausing and getting up close to the screen to read it...

Whilst I'm at it! "24 Hours in Police Custody" which follows cases which are anything but 24 Hours in Police Custody...
Well aren’t we a little ray of sunshine today? ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Weather - we live on an island with ever changing weather depending on the winds coming in from various weather cycles depending on those winds

Weather apps will never be 100% and the radar is one key area to look at

You could see that it was potentially going to rain yesterday for us around 9ish - and it did

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Weather - we live on an island with ever changing weather depending on the winds coming in from various weather cycles depending on those winds

You could see that it was potentially going to rain yesterday for us around 9ish - and it did
So what’s your random irritation?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Making th 4bbb final of the Captain & Pro series only to find out the day before that the Captain had changed it from a pairs comp to an individual Stableford as a couple of pairs had pulled out, and being sure we would have won the final on the format it was when we entered as I scored 23 points front 9 and my partner similar on the back 9

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Can't argue but the rain radar doesn't help when you're trying to plan a few days in advance.
I've always wondered why they bother trying if it's so difficult so forecast more than a day or 2 in advance let alone a week/10 days

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't argue but the rain radar doesn't help when you're trying to plan a few days in advance.
I've always wondered why they bother trying if it's so difficult so forecast more than a day or 2 in advance let alone a week/10 days

3 days in advance if it was more accurate would be good

10 days? Pfft get 2 days right first please