Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I needed to fill up today. Every pump at Tesco open - no shortage despite the usual media scaremongering. It was rammed and half of the dimwits still insisted in paying at the kiosk. Does my head in watching them faff about as if they're in slo mo with no thought of the queues behind them. Add to that following a learner driver (not an official learner car @Imurg !) onto the A14 who clearly wasn't yet ready for that journey...add to that a lorry driver who refused to pull into the other lane despite it being clear...brakes slammed on all round and how there wasn't a collision is more a miracle than anything else...

I really do hate driving in this country as even the shortest trips result in some sort of idiot being around!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just driven past 3 petrol stations in Warwickshire and big queues by drivers no doubt only topping up their tanks.
Reminds me of the petrol crisis in the 1970's and more recently the tanker drivers' strike.
I'll take the train tomorrow.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You'd love Australia then ?
Much worse standard of driving but a completely different mentality to it, like it's almost accepted as the norm so no one bats an eyelid at a crazy manoeuvre ?

I'd have to say it's more rude driving than bad driving that gets to me...although some of the stuff I witnessed when instructing the kids on their bikes wasn't rude rather than plain crazy and plain dangerous!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Add in the school run and......I'm glad I've got me feet up watching the golf....
At least it'll be easy to fill up on Monday - every other car in town will be full....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't know anything about this petrol nonsense til I read it on here. I actually need petrol, just went to my local garage and they've bloody sold out! Went down towards my next nearest one and saw gigantic queues all down the road, said sod that and just went home. At this rate I won't be able to drive to football on Sunday though. What is wrong with people? Absolute idiots.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't know anything about this petrol nonsense til I read it on here. I actually need petrol, just went to my local garage and they've bloody sold out! Went down towards my next nearest one and saw gigantic queues all down the road, said sod that and just went home. At this rate I won't be able to drive to football on Sunday though. What is wrong with people? Absolute idiots.
Grab an Uber if they got fuel lol

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The wife's allergy to strawberry. Didn't effect us much before the kids .. just have raspberry ice cream and Jam ..

What's kids medicine? All strawberry flavour .. with the orange version of nurofen much harder to find

Just had to order 4 bottles offline at £5 (instead of like £3) a bottle as when the kids get sniffles it's always all 3 and you can imagine 3 lots of meds 3 times a day a bottle doesn't last long

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst I understand your point this post is incredibly sexist ...
But correct judging by the cars sitting outside my house at 12,1am,2am queueing for the petrol station down the road, engines running, stereo on. No females in the drivers seat.
I suppose I could have just called "ignorant parent 1" and "lazy parent 2":)

Last edited: