Random Irritations

sunshine

Visit site
What science and facts? Years of under funding by the state .. have to go with what you go

These other countries A invest in their railways and B have extreme weather that's more predictable

We have freezing cold days followed by medium days. Followed by mild summers or baking hot.. makes it unplannable

But then don't expect the great unwashed to understand the finer details of how things work just like a moan ?

It's got nothing to do with extreme weather or science, as Clive observed we don't have extreme weather in the UK.

It's purely down to budgets. A limited amount of funding means cost cutting which deteriorates the service.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's got nothing to do with extreme weather or science, as Clive observed we don't have extreme weather in the UK.

It's purely down to budgets. A limited amount of funding means cost cutting which deteriorates the service.

We don't have extreme weather? Have you looked outside your window this year? That rain was extreme.. climate change is real and we do have ever changing extreme weathers ..

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We don't have extreme weather? Have you looked outside your window this year? That rain was extreme.. climate change is real and we do have ever changing extreme weathers ..

Extreme? When was the last time the U.K. hit 50*? It hit 48* in the Sierra Nevada this year, and there’ll be 10ft of snow on the slopes come Feb. You can ski and an hour later swim in the warm Med.

2 days ago the local river was bone dry. Yesterday it had 4ft of water in it, and today it’s bone dry again.

Extreme? Give yer head a shake.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clinton Morrison. I don't have Sky's results programme on much these days, but I've got it on now and he can barely put a sentence together, yet he keeps interrupting the main presenter, repeating himself as well. Do Sky not give these ex-pros any kind of screen test before giving them a contract??

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clinton Morrison. I don't have Sky's results programme on much these days, but I've got it on now and he can barely put a sentence together, yet he keeps interrupting the main presenter, repeating himself as well. Do Sky not give these ex-pros any kind of screen test before giving them a contract??

He's awful isn't he, worst pundit ever.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Reece James is stepping up. He’s stepping up. He’s a confident young man and he’s stepping up. He’s nervous though. You can tell he’s nervous. Anyone would be nervous as he’s stepping up.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Extreme? When was the last time the U.K. hit 50*? It hit 48* in the Sierra Nevada this year, and there’ll be 10ft of snow on the slopes come Feb. You can ski and an hour later swim in the warm Med.

2 days ago the local river was bone dry. Yesterday it had 4ft of water in it, and today it’s bone dry again.

Extreme? Give yer head a shake.

Sorry does it have to be temperature to be extreme? Did you not see the flooding and rain? I appreciate your in Spain but it was all over the news.

Flash flooding all over the place

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry does it have to be temperature to be extreme? Did you not see the flooding and rain? I appreciate your in Spain but it was all over the news.

Flash flooding all over the place
Ermm, largely just in London. I know that is the centre of the universe for some but........I think the point is that the UK does not get temperature extremes, we are pretty moderate. Central European countries get extremes, Poland being a corker where the tarmac can melt and lorries often are not allowed on the roads for parts of summer. Then it gets to winter in Poland, brrrrr. We may have to deal with the odd flash event but in terms of extreme weather we get off likely.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ermm, largely just in London. I know that is the centre of the universe for some but........I think the point is that the UK does not get temperature extremes, we are pretty moderate. Central European countries get extremes, Poland being a corker where the tarmac can melt and lorries often are not allowed on the roads for parts of summer. Then it gets to winter in Poland, brrrrr. We may have to deal with the odd flash event but in terms of extreme weather we get off likely.

Ireland had the hottest day they have had ever.. may not be as high as others but that's still a massive change

Wasn't just London that got flash floods, London hit the new more because we are just more important than everyone else be honest....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ireland had the hottest day they have had ever.. may not be as high as others but that's still a massive change

Wasn't just London that got flash floods, London hit the new more because we are just more important than everyone else be honest....
:mad::mad:I need a head exploding emoji :LOL:

The original point made a page or two back was about road and rail surfaces coping with varying temperatures. Even with the odd 'hottest day ever' we can't compare to many other places. We have a moderate climate (y)

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

What I suspect he's referring to is the fact that in this country we struggle to predict the type of weather we are going to get and cannot normally plan accordingly. I spent some time in Canada as a kid as I have relatives there. They used to put snow chains on the cars on a specific weekend. Almost invariably, the snow would hit within days. We have virtually zero chance of emulating this. In America, probably due to the land mass, they can be very accurate with weather predictions. As a small Island, our weather is incredibly variable. We therefore get relative "extremes" of weather - Torrential rain when mild sun was predicted 24hrs earlier.

Of course I could be wrong, but it does seem to me that you're discussing the same thing and arguing over terminology....

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What I suspect he's referring to is the fact that in this country we struggle to predict the type of weather we are going to get and cannot normally plan accordingly. I spent some time in Canada as a kid as I have relatives there. They used to put snow chains on the cars on a specific weekend. Almost invariably, the snow would hit within days. We have virtually zero chance of emulating this. In America, probably due to the land mass, they can be very accurate with weather predictions. As a small Island, our weather is incredibly variable. We therefore get relative "extremes" of weather - Torrential rain when mild sun was predicted 24hrs earlier.

Of course I could be wrong, but it does seem to me that you're discussing the same thing and arguing over terminology....

Thanks blue, you got the point

We have "unpredictable" or extreme change over a matter of days

Hot weather plans

Cold weather plans

High wind plans

I mean today for crying outload we had flooding in the tunnels so had to suspend whilst they fixed the pumps to pump the water out .. was dealing with hot rails last week

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Thanks blue, you got the point

We have "unpredictable" or extreme change over a matter of days

Hot weather plans

Cold weather plans

High wind plans

I mean today for crying outload we had flooding in the tunnels so had to suspend whilst they fixed the pumps to pump the water out .. was dealing with hot rails last week
I'm surprised you have any problems given the number of experts we apear to have.

D

Deleted member 15344

???? important or more arrogant