Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Got up really early this morning and sat out on the garden step with a cup of coffee and a cigarette, staring up at the millions of stars in the clear night sky. Contemplating life, and the meaning of it all.
Cat came and sat next to me and promptly puked up.

Who says you can't train cats :D

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying to get air con people back to repair my roof

They broke 4 tiles in total think it was .. 3 on dorma 1 normal

Understand they couldn't get to them with ladder as they couldn't do it safely I accept that

However oh our boss will come tomorrow

Didn't come

Called him.. I'll be there tomorrow

Never came

It's now Friday this was Monday they "finished"

Gets much longer I'll get a roofer in and bill them which is much more than replacing the tiles themselves

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All the hype in the media about the space flight that has just lifted off with 4 'civilians' on board. They are making out that they aren't astronauts but then point out they have undergone 5 months training - surely this makes them astronauts?:unsure: After all, the definition of a civilian is someone who is not in the military, but not all astronauts previously have been military, I would guess that the majority were civilians.

Nowadays if you can be an HGV driver without going thru the full training, surely you can become astronaut (but not astronaut-astronaut)

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Virtue signalling from commercial organisations in their adverts, when their actual behaviour is far from virtuous! :)
I'll bet I can guess exactly which advert you're annoyed by! And I'm beginning to wonder whether they've made it as annoying as it is on purpose, because no one can make an advert that bloody annoying by accident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I took it to mean that shops can sell in Imperial, if they choose, not that we are returning to it en masse.. Bit like you going to the pub for a pint, rather than fractions of a litre!
I know. It's more that fact that it's being touted as a huge benefit (by some), when it's actually pretty much an irrelevance to the majority (not that I've spoken to everybody obviously). It's a minor annoyance, but not unexpected I suppose...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I took it to mean that shops can sell in Imperial, if they choose, not that we are returning to it en masse.. Bit like you going to the pub for a pint, rather than fractions of a litre!
I also see it that way. I just think that is very backward thinking. It is 2021 and some people want to hail a system that generations have no comprehension of, has not been taught in schools for 45 years plus and many tourists visting the country will find bemusing. I know most shops will not bother with it but the fact this is even being looked at makes me shake my head. There are many, many things in this country to improve upon, this is not one of them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Owners of cars who, clearly, have no .....
A. Clue how to park them
B. Clue how big it is
C. Awareness that people might want to have room to get their car onto their driveway but can't because the Peasant has abandoned his/her 3 series making it impossible without removing the back half it.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
In-car gadgets and gizmos.

There was an announcement this week that Microsoft has enabled MS Teams to work on BMW's carplay. So now you can join that important conference call while you are driving a 2-ton car at 70mph. This brings me to my general irritation, standards of driving are getting worse, look at the stats, too many people die or are seriously injured every day and 99% of these are attributed to driver error. Now give a driver who already probably has a pretty poor attention span a load of gadgets to play with, calls to make, music to scroll through etc etc etc.

That's mine for the day. Please concentrate on driving when driving, the world can wait for the rest.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

There was an announcement this week that Microsoft has enabled MS Teams to work on BMW's carplay. So now you can join that important conference call while you are driving a 2-ton car at 70mph. This brings me to my general irritation, standards of driving are getting worse, look at the stats, too many people die or are seriously injured every day and 99% of these are attributed to driver error. Now give a driver who already probably has a pretty poor attention span a load of gadgets to play with, calls to make, music to scroll through etc etc etc.

That's mine for the day. Please concentrate on driving when driving, the world can wait for the rest.

I'd like designer's to fit a sharp spike in the centre of the steering wheel, I reckon it might slow people down: especially if it extended towards the chest the more the driver exceeded the speed limit!!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Thank goodness someone invented lane assist to help stop accidents from all these new gadgets