Random Irritations

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sat in a service centre on my day off as a spanner light appeared on the dashboard and power significantly reduced. Car place in the middle of no where and apparently they don’t have any courtesy cars available. Frantically arranging preemptive lifts for the away rounds of golf in place for this weekend.
Car requires an update that Ford aren’t apparently releasing until end of October. My car will be kept until then. In the mean time they magically located me a courtesy car for over the bank holiday period, which was good. However, a longer term loan car is currently being organised and they are currently trying to avoid a like for like replacement. There is a good chance I’ll be randomly irritated for the foreseeable.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Bloke driving so close behind me this morning in a 30mph zone that I could see quite clearly in my mirror that it was not a phone he kept putting to his mouth, but a beaker of coffee.

In this situation during the daytime I turn my lights on - they'll almost certainly mistake them for brake lights and back off - safer than actually brake-testing them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bloke driving so close behind me this morning in a 30mph zone that I could see quite clearly in my mirror that it was not a phone he kept putting to his mouth, but a beaker of coffee.
Welcome to my world...
As a driving instructor it's a rare occasion when I haven't got a vehicle stuffed up my exhaust...
They're never going to intimidate me but trying to stop the kids speeding up is one of the hardest parts of my job.
Respect and patience seem to have been added to Common Sence as rare Superpowers

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
An irritation from yesterday that still irks today so I'll mention it. Mixed Open at Gog Magog yesterday. Always enjoy such events and mainly there for the company, nice courses and decent food! I always fancy a pop at Longest Drive if there is one though. I'm not super long but give it a fair whack and have won a few. I couldn't believe the chosen hole was the 16th which had the wind behind, downhill and cross bunkers at 220yds...who the hell thought that one up?? It's the Longest Drive not Longest Lay Up to the Bunkers...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am totally with you on this one Amanda. And, dare I say it, it's set by people who don't properly understand golf or at least women's golf or who don't take the time to actually think it through. The number of longest drive holes where the long hitters need to lay up off the tee is unbelievable.

I agree 100%. The hole for the Men's Longest was perfect. Bunkers shortish right but a great bunker on the right just out of range (for me)...so fitted my eye perfectly and beat the Men's Longest by a couple of yards (we did have quite a forward tee though)! We were last out so could see the marker on ours was close to the left rough and the longest possible drive before hitting rough and sand and more rough. I tweaked mine too far left but so wanted to just open my shoulders and give it a smack down the middle.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Morons who turn a 4 lane motorway into a 2 lane motorway by sitting in lane 3 looking terrified doing 5mph less then the speed limit.

Mostly driving people carriers with roof boxes or medium sized SUVs.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seeing a lorry load of chickens being loaded up and no doubt taken to the slaughterhouse. Really upset me to see how roughly the crates were handled and imagining the utter panic inside. Never mind a short life being force-fed and kept in horrendous conditions. :cry:

I used to eat cheap chicken but never again...I guess sometimes a reality check about how it gets to us can be a rude awakening.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morons who turn a 4 lane motorway into a 2 lane motorway by sitting in lane 3 looking terrified doing 5mph less then the speed limit.

On a similar theme, being stuck behind a huge lorry overtaking another huge lorry on an uphill section of the A3.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sit in the inside lane at your own speed, and if your lane is going faster than theirs, you aren't undertaking;)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The failing state of my eyesight. Went out today with the kids and all the nieces and nephews and forgot to take my glasses. Kids having fun playing on the slides etc. I saw one of the kids at the top of the big slide and took out my phone to video them coming down. Realised just in time that it wasn't one of our lot so didn't take the video. Did have a laugh with the parents around me that I'd managed to avoid getting in trouble with the police for videoing other people's kids in a playground.