Random Irritations

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you tried LED bulbs yet? Somewhat annoying as I have a cupboard full of low energy bulbs, that are rubbish as you say, but for the key rooms I have missed them and gone to LED. They are great, as good as 'proper' bulbs.
Changed all ours over when the local homebase shutdown and sold everything of at cost.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Changed all ours over when the local homebase shutdown and sold everything of at cost.
Top move. The low energy ones were the classic step between product. A move away from the old school ones but the tech not being as good as LED. The govt pushed us into buying them but they really were not great, sound familiar? At least the LED ones really are effective and not just a fob off.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
A work one from last night.

I spent 4 hours, yes 4 hours, changing the display around on the batteries section at where I work. Why? (Oh and didn't complete the task as the plan I had to work to was gobbledegook).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Vernon Kay is standing in for Steve Wright on R2 this afternoon :(. Someone needs to tell him he is not on R1. Shut up Vernon, please.

As soon as the staff go at 3 I can turn over, 18 minutes more of his drivel.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Vernon Kay is standing in for Steve Wright on R2 this afternoon :(. Someone needs to tell him he is not on R1. Shut up Vernon, please.

As soon as the staff go at 3 I can turn over, 18 minutes more of his drivel.
I find a lot of the stand ins on R2 are very annoying - particularly Vanessa Feltz, standing in for Jeremy Vine at Lunchtime. She is so rude, interrupting all the time and trying o make herself seem clever by using big words when none are required.

Also, I can never understand why they move someone to another slot to cover and then need another person to cover them. Tomorrow you have Jeremy Vine (12-2) away, so Vanessa 4:30-6:30) covering. Nikki Chapman is covering Vanessa for past month or so but Zoe Ball (6:30-9:30) is away so Nikki doing her show and someone else in for Nikki. Madness

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find a lot of the stand ins on R2 are very annoying - particularly Vanessa Feltz, standing in for Jeremy Vine at Lunchtime. She is so rude, interrupting all the time and trying o make herself seem clever by using big words when none are required.

Also, I can never understand why they move someone to another slot to cover and then need another person to cover them. Tomorrow you have Jeremy Vine (12-2) away, so Vanessa 4:30-6:30) covering. Nikki Chapman is covering Vanessa for past month or so but Zoe Ball (6:30-9:30) is away so Nikki doing her show and someone else in for Nikki. Madness
I mentally switch off when Vanessa Feltz is on, she is unbearable. She completely lacks empathy and I don't think she actually listens to what people say half the time. It makes you realise how good Jeremy Vine is in that role.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Top move. The low energy ones were the classic step between product. A move away from the old school ones but the tech not being as good as LED.
They are also pretty bad for the environment from a disposal point of view.
The govt pushed us into buying them but they really were not great, sound familiar?
Yes, the next great scandal of this type is going to be air source heat pumps.
They are going to cause absolute chaos and leave thousands of households either cold or bankrupt.
Unlike light bulbs you can't easily change them.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Work again, sorry. After texting in the morning to a member of staff to explain what I'd done (or not done more like, and why, and what needed to be done to complete the task and them acknowledging) them doing sod all about it and then me being handed the task to complete when I arrive last night.

Was this a test I wonder ?

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Airport x-ray checks - people who don’t stack up their tray after taking their possessions out after being checked…..

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Bloke driving so close behind me this morning in a 30mph zone that I could see quite clearly in my mirror that it was not a phone he kept putting to his mouth, but a beaker of coffee.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sat in a service centre on my day off as a spanner light appeared on the dashboard and power significantly reduced. Car place in the middle of no where and apparently they don’t have any courtesy cars available. Frantically arranging preemptive lifts for the away rounds of golf in place for this weekend.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Insect bites! We have our football training Wednesdays and over the summer we just do it down the park. Often I get one or two bites on my legs so this time I remembered to spray my legs with insect repellent. What do I get? TEN bites all across my back! What on earth?? I never even took my shirt off so they either bit through it or got inside. Guess I'll have to shower my whole body in bloody insect repellent next week.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Insect bites! We have our football training Wednesdays and over the summer we just do it down the park. Often I get one or two bites on my legs so this time I remembered to spray my legs with insect repellent. What do I get? TEN bites all across my back! What on earth?? I never even took my shirt off so they either bit through it or got inside. Guess I'll have to shower my whole body in bloody insect repellent next week.

I caught one bugger biting my leg at work other day .. killed it and got covered in my own blood. Lovely