Random Irritations

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Its everywhere ...and often very subtle

Last year we stayed at my sisters static caravan in St Andrews fo play golf for nowt

This years she's asking us to buy our own milk and to leave any spare / unused consumables, coffee, galaxy chocolate etc
May squat in an empty elsewhere on site :p
Just the essentials then. ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Insults and put downs!!

They used to be funny or properly insulting, but now they are pathetic (sheep, snowflake etc), what's happened to us?
I just look at people and,with massive amounts of disdain in my voice, simply call them a Peasant...the fact that some people have no idea what I'm on about makes it even more appealing

D

Deleted member 1147

I just look at people and,with massive amounts of disdain in my voice, simply call them a Peasant...the fact that some people have no idea what I'm on about makes it even more appealing
I think the best put down I recall was a mate of my Dad's calling a little slimy creep of a bloke, they both worked with, a "batman's fag". Can there be a lowlier person?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a great put down but i remember the other week when in the supermarket, there was one till open and a bit of a queue and a woman, must have been in her 60s, at the back of the queue had her husband a a spotter in another aisle waiting for another till to open and barged past other people with only small amounts of shopping to get to the front of this new queue. It was very satsifying to simply tellher that she had absolutely no manners and that I expected better of her generation considering their opinions on the youth of today.

Did nothing, she as totally shameless but made me, and a few others in the queue ahead of me, feel better.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have had to tell my kids off recently for that, have you been talking to them? They are calling everyone peasants or rats.. Not sure where they get it from!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have had to tell my kids off recently for that, have you been talking to them? They are calling everyone peasants or rats.. Not sure where they get it from!!

During this time of pandemic and because they are too young to be vaccinated, I have been calling my mate's kids ' the plague rats' and he is not too impressed. :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished off a set of speakers for a client that wanted a high gloss finish on a nice black walnut veneer.
Used a 2 part clear coat and got the cabinets looking lovely with the top panels like glass… only to find out that the spirit dye had reacted and split on contact with the clear and was all patchy under the glass like finish.

Just had to sand the whole thing back to the raw veneer and start again. 6 bloody days wasted.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just was purchasing the TV and wife caught me, telling me it was a joint decision and asked would I be happy with it for the next 12 yrs ( at £329, and 6yr warranty…I will have a new one before 12yrs!!). Now we need a long discussion where we have a drawn out decision process filled with ifs and buts … as opposed buy it install it, keep it or return it.
I will ask if she wants to pay half of it ? decisions can be costly

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Before we were all sent home to work one guy at our place used to cook mackerel in the microwave. The stench is indescribable ?
Used to work beside this nutcase woman who used to heat up the same fish dish in the microwave every single day! It was awful. Did try pointing it out to her, she looked at me as if I was mad.