Random Irritations

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Walking in the local park today, somebody had obviously been riding a horse as it had left it's muck right in the middle of the path, TWICE! Dog owners have to clear up after their dogs, why can't horse riders? :mad:
Mainly because it’s not feasible of them to dispose of it, I also believe that it’s treated differently to dog excrement as it isn’t harmful to humans, like a dogs is.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Facebook Marketplace sellers who don't respond to messages. I deliberately don't send the generic ones to try and prove genuine interest. I'd say it's less than 50% who bother to reply. Oh and also sellers who don't mark items as sold.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Mainly because it’s not feasible of them to dispose of it, I also believe that it’s treated differently to dog excrement as it isn’t harmful to humans, like a dogs is.
That may all be true, but at the end of the day, they have left two places in a public park where the path is covered in muck which people and kiddies can walk through and kids can ride their bikes and scooters through it. It's totally unacceptable. They should still be made to pick it up.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know that there is no need to self isolate now etc and this is not a critcism of the rules for anyone who wants to make it such.

My groupd of friends in the village all agreed that we would tell each other immediately if there was any cases of covid in our households and that there would be total understanding if people did not want anyone from the household coming round for a few weeks. All good and sensible. Anyway, we approach the bank holiday weekend with a few things planned between us. One of our group went to the pub where the daughter of one of our friends works. The landlord let them know that she was not in as she tested positive for covid on Friday. Not a word about this amongst the group despite agreeing to let everyone know. Not impressed.

D

Deleted member 1147

That may all be true, but at the end of the day, they have left two places in a public park where the path is covered in muck which people and kiddies can walk through and kids can ride their bikes and scooters through it. It's totally unacceptable. They should still be made to pick it up.
Just let a keen gardener know, they should be round there like a shot with a shovel and wheelbarrow...good for the rhubarb ;)

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On line retailers that advertise that goods will be despatched and delivered within 2 days, even stating the projected delivery date at the checkout page.

Then once the order is placed and paid for they send an email stating that the order has been picked but owing to Covid-19 postal delays they have amended their delivery estimate to 5 to 7 working days! :mad:

We're 18 months into this - amend your bloody website so people know before they part with their cash!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Accommodation taking the mick over pricing because of folk not going overseas... I know they lost 18 months of revenue, so I can understand a hike, but some of it is daft,

Currently looking at a few days away at the start of October (!) before half term... one place in Cornwall we go to quite often has doubled its room rate to £460 a night. No thanks! Another place with lakeside lodges, in Devon wants £950 for the week self catering.

There's plenty of alternatives, so will be voting with our feet.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Accommodation taking the mick over pricing because of folk not going overseas... I know they lost 18 months of revenue, so I can understand a hike, but some of it is daft,

Currently looking at a few days away at the start of October (!) before half term... one place in Cornwall we go to quite often has doubled its room rate to £460 a night. No thanks! Another place with lakeside lodges, in Devon wants £950 for the week self catering.

It is all over the place. Premier Inn that I use in Nottingham wanting double the usual rate for the room, more than they even charge when there is a big event on at the Arena. Had doubts already but when a night in a hotel would cost nearly 4 times what a pair of tickets to the gig cost then it helped make my decision. So lucky that Rock City were so good about refunding the tickets so only lost a few quid in booking fees.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

The way a lot of them do it nowadays is the use of algorithms to calculate the rate. When I used to travel to Worcester, the cost of the hotel could double, treble, even quadruple when the Cheltenham races was on. It's nothing new and the old thing of supply and demand. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm in Northampton for the MotoGP. I'm lucky as I have enough IHG points to get the room for free but if I was paying in cash, then it would be £186 a night, if you can get the room. People will pay it as that hotel is now fully booked.
Strike that. Just looked again, and it's now £207.76 per night! Move it forward a couple of weeks, and it's £90 a night.

Visit site

Its everywhere ...and often very subtle

Last year we stayed at my sisters static caravan in St Andrews fo play golf for nowt

This years she's asking us to buy our own milk and to leave any spare / unused consumables, coffee, galaxy chocolate etc
May squat in an empty elsewhere on site :p

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Its everywhere ...and often very subtle

Last year we stayed at my sisters static caravan in St Andrews fo play golf for nowt

This years she's asking us to buy our own milk and to leave any spare / unused consumables, coffee, galaxy chocolate etc
May squat in an empty elsewhere on site :p

You hate to see such rampant capitalism ?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I wouldn't bother, I understand trying to make up for lost earnings but that's ridiculous.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't bother, I understand trying to make up for lost earnings but that's ridiculous.

Not sure I even understand that. This is an opportunity to get a nation to look seriously at holidaying in the UK going forward. Fleece people now and profiteer and that is what they will remember and it will be back to the Costas next year.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure I even understand that. This is an opportunity to get a nation to look seriously at holidaying in the UK going forward. Fleece people now and profiteer and that is what they will remember and it will be back to the Costas next year.

Very good point, rob someone and they'll hardly give you another chance to do it again next year.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That was my thoughts as well. And on top of that those loyal customers who have been holidaying in the UK for the past few years who are now priced out or can't find anywhere suitable are likely to remember that next time they come to book. Two of the places that we've stayed at pre pandemic are more than double the price for the same weeks this year. We won't be bothering and won't be rushing back.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was my thoughts as well. And on top of that those loyal customers who have been holidaying in the UK for the past few years who are now priced out or can't find anywhere suitable are likely to remember that next time they come to book. Two of the places that we've stayed at pre pandemic are more than double the price for the same weeks this year. We won't be bothering and won't be rushing back.

My argument against a UK holiday has always been that I can get more for my money plus added sun going abroad and nothing this year has changed my mind.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My argument against a UK holiday has always been that I can get more for my money plus added sun going abroad and nothing this year has changed my mind.

Me too - don't get me wrong it was great to get away for a week, but what i spent in Cornwall would buy me 2 weeks in Greece in a normal year. This is a blip, prices will return to previous levels - or holiday-makers will vote with their feet assuming very limited travel restrictions in the future. I think what has been difficult for many to take, is the varying levels of service quality that support the high prices - primarily due to staffing issues (numbers and no time to train).