Random Irritations

Miller

Visit site
Hate going to the dentist, sensitive teeth, hate it, have hated going all my life and had an appointment today @9.30. Once that bad I had a local injection for a scale and polish. Great dentist but hates me coming because I am nervous which rubs off on him.

Just had a phone call, he has a headache, and the appointment has been cancelled. No new date arranged.

if you have read between the lines I do not like dentists!

I used to be the same. I found a good dentist who I talked to about my fears and she was very understanding and spoke to me about what she was going to do and what she was going to do to make things more comfortable. I even had some drilling done without the need for an injection, which ended up being no worse than a hygienist. I also have a sympathetic hygienist, which is so good.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Hate going to the dentist, sensitive teeth, hate it, have hated going all my life and had an appointment today @9.30. Once that bad I had a local injection for a scale and polish. Great dentist but hates me coming because I am nervous which rubs off on him.

Just had a phone call, he has a headache, and the appointment has been cancelled. No new date arranged.

I think I read between the lines that your dentist is suggesting find a new dentist.

I also hated dentists. Didn’t go for 10 years, they never had the time to do a proper job. But I found a good caring patient dentist. I pay an arm and a leg mind though I actually look forward to going now.

I was offered numbing just for a sore spot above one tooth for my scale and polish, but declined.

But do keep going, 10 years of not going results in a hour and a half in the chair for a deep clean and I’ll assure you, you don’t want that. Butchery.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's five years since I went to the dentist now. I had the same dentist for years and years, since I was kid, going into adulthood, and he was great. Really friendly, and every check-up was just a "you're doing great, keep brushing well" etc, except the odd occasion when we'd do x-rays just for the file and stuff. Then he retired and handed the reigns over to this other woman. First check-up with her, she reckoned I needed a filling all of a sudden. I did it, but it cost £80 or something. I had no discomfort before it and felt absolutely no difference after. I just didn't trust her after that. Seemed to me like she wanted to come in and make an impact by ripping a few people off.

Anyway, I don't even live in the area where that practice is anymore, I just haven't bothered finding a new dentist. My teeth haven't caused my any problems so I've just been getting on with life really.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Was there 2 years ago. First time since ‘82.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spent ages designing and tweaking a crossover for my current speaker build, getting the response curve absolutely spot on... and then soldering it up and forgetting to invert the tweeter per the design schematic.

RichA

Visit site
Every other time I use hand sanitizer, a droplet somehow manages to perform a "magic bullet" manoeuvre and end up in my eye.