Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First time on a train since first lock down and forgetting where the doors stop!
Hopefully a long tapas lunch will make up for the anguish caused

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
In ten days I would have thought you would have realised what you needed to do………..??

I imagine he is on holiday and wanting to be relaxed. Having to work out something as daft as this, is not going to help.
In any event, how or why this can be considered necessary is not how it should be.
As to what he should do....matter for him. Not you.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Can you not just make a reservation for 5 minutes time then?

In some, yes. The majority, no. It appears most hang their hopes on all bookings actually turning up, although it seems patently clear that a good number aren’t.

In ten days I would have thought you would have realised what you needed to do………..??

So presumably you know what you’ll be doing and where you’ll be, to the minute, for every day of a 2-week holiday, and also the name of every pub in every town and village in the area you’re visiting, so you can ring round and see who has availability? I’m on holiday, not a military exercise. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another phone annoyance, why can't I delete Scottish bank holidays from my calendar? I keep seeing this Monday it says "Summer Bank Hol.." and thinking 'oh great, bank holiday!' Then you open it up and it actually says Summer Bank Holiday (Scotland). I don't want that in my calendar but I can't delete it.

Miller

Visit site
Another phone annoyance, why can't I delete Scottish bank holidays from my calendar? I keep seeing this Monday it says "Summer Bank Hol.." and thinking 'oh great, bank holiday!' Then you open it up and it actually says Summer Bank Holiday (Scotland). I don't want that in my calendar but I can't delete it.

Remove the holiday calendar from your phone and import the correct one for England & Wales

https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays/england-and-wales.ics

I use outlook.com, so did this on the web page and let it sync to my phone. No more "Battle of the Boyne" for me!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Remove the holiday calendar from your phone and import the correct one for England & Wales

https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays/england-and-wales.ics

I use outlook.com, so did this on the web page and let it sync to my phone. No more "Battle of the Boyne" for me!
Thank you for this. Didn't realise you could tinker with it on my Gmail account and then sync it to the phone. Have now got rid of the Scottish holidays at least. Just trying to get the new calendar to work now... success I think!

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My wife got a strop on when we argued over whether or not it was a Bank Holiday. She claimed that as it was on her calendar it must be true. No dear, it means Scotland.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The number of pubs I have visited in the South West during the last ten days for lunch which have refused to allow us in to eat without a reservation. Every single one has been virtually empty.

I live in Berkshire but we have never seen that. If they are full and that happens a lot then no joy. But a couple of weeks ago on Monday evening was staying in Stoke prior to playing JCB and went next door to TGI Friday. Place was dead. I asked for a table and they said had I booked. I day no. They say you have to book. I said it is empty and I will be gone in a couple if hours. I had to stand there at the door next to the young lady and make a booking on my phone. She then checked and said OK! A few drinks and chicken wings later I left a still three quarter empty restaurant. What a stupid policy

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mine gets washed by the rain....:whistle:
It's quite clean at the moment...
And I have a Lightening Tracker app on my phone.
It buzzed an hour ago when there was a strike about 10 miles away.
Just waiting for my next lesson and the thunder is deafening while my tracker app is strangely quiet...
Another useful thing that's proving to be exactly the opposite..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm (just) old enough to remember the original music from the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, and now it's sitting there as an earworm!
I love a big event theme tune. World Cups used to have brilliant ones, Argentina '78 was my first. Not sure as much effort is put into them now. The best ones take you right back to the time and country of the event.

Have this get in your head ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Went into the office today and got home about 7. I noticed that some of the trim on Mrs d’s car had fallen off so spent 20 mins putting it back.

Went to take the dog out but the heavens opened and we’ve got thunder and lightening so she says “ you should’ve taken him as soon as you got in!”
She’s been at home since 1pm ?