Random Irritations

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Havering school wear

What a backwards company in 2021

Placed order online but only 1 cardigan and no fleeces in stock so couldn't order them

Get told today cardigan out of stock will contact when in stock

So called them say can I order 2 more and 2 fleeces if your ordering in

Oh we don't do that, either order online (I can't until in stock) or come down and order it

Right so I can drive down. Order and then you will order in

But I can't phone and tell you exactly what I want and you order in

Is it 1935?

Oh and now online I can order them again lol so you can't provide a cardigan but I can order online again 2 of them now

Drink up and brewery comes to mind

sunshine

Visit site
EBay buyers who bid and then just don’t pay - nothing the seller can do!

So annoying.

Even more annoying when you re-list the item and it only fetches half the price. I timed the sale of an old football shirt to coincide with promotion... by the time I'd chased the buyer and then re-listed it the promotion fever was gone :mad:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably been mentioned before but the continued miss-use of the term 'staycation'. A staycation is just that, taking time off and staying at home, it is not heading off to the coast for a week or up to Scotland for a holiday, it is staying at home. The amount of adveriser especially who have now decided that any holiday wihtin the UK is now staycation. is just mind boggling.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably been mentioned before but the continued miss-use of the term 'staycation'. A staycation is just that, taking time off and staying at home, it is not heading off to the coast for a week or up to Scotland for a holiday, it is staying at home. The amount of adveriser especially who have now decided that any holiday wihtin the UK is now staycation. is just mind boggling.

I used to share the same iiritation, however I think the definition has been updated:

https://www.lexico.com/definition/staycation

staycation
Pronunciation /steɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
Translate staycation into Spanish
NOUN
informal
  • A holiday spent in one's home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Thank you!!

Does my head in. Same as "mini moon" no it's your honey moon. Don't kid yourself

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to share the same iiritation, however I think the definition has been updated:

staycation
NOUN
informal
  • A holiday spent in one's home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions.

Updated because people are annoying

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

staycation
NOUN
informal

That is an even worse irritation, changing the definition of a word to suit the moronic advert writers and those who would rather have a fancy term rather than just admit they are going on holiday but not going abroad this year as if going on holiday in the UK voluntarily is some carbuncle on their social media profile. A staycation is staying at home.

As for mini moon, say it for what it is, you are going on a shorter trip because you cannot afford an all singing, all dancing global fiesta of a honeymoon. Nothing wrong with that at all, most cannot, me included when I got married, but do not pretend that your long weekend in Paris is anything other than what you can afford to do now, either due to time or funds, and is just some prelude to an imminent 3 weeks all expenses in the Seychelles.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is an even worse irritation, changing the definition of a word to suit the moronic advert writers and those who would rather have a fancy term rather than just admit they are going on holiday but not going abroad this year as if going on holiday in the UK voluntarily is some carbuncle on their social media profile. A staycation is staying at home.

As for mini moon, say it for what it is, you are going on a shorter trip because you cannot afford an all singing, all dancing global fiesta of a honeymoon. Nothing wrong with that at all, most cannot, me included when I got married, but do not pretend that your long weekend in Paris is anything other than what you can afford to do now, either due to time or funds, and is just some prelude to an imminent 3 weeks all expenses in the Seychelles.

Guy at work wasn't even he couldn't afford it, was something to do with timing of it.. weather wasn't as good so they went next summer and their "mini" moon was as good as most people's honeymoons

Your honeymoon is your first holiday together as a married couple.

It could be the Maldives or Butlins.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guy at work wasn't even he couldn't afford it, was something to do with timing of it.. weather wasn't as good so they went next summer and their "mini" moon was as good as most people's honeymoons

Your honeymoon is your first holiday together as a married couple.

It could be the Maldives or Butlins.

I know a few people who see public perception of them is everything and so their long weekend in Europe after their wedding was only a mini moon and they would be going on a lavish long haul honeymoon with all the bells and whilstles when they had the time. They have been on several holidays since but not one was that lavish honeymoon they told everyone they were going on afte their mini moon.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week my wife had a few different people round to look at the loft and give quotes over redoing the floorboards properly, installing lighting and a larger hatch with telescopic ladder, etc. I've just gone up there now and one of them has left it an absolute mess, thrown boxes this way and that way, pulled up the boards we have including taking the nails out and hasn't bothered putting them back, just left a pile of nails on one side. Worst of all, none of us went up in between the different guys, so while I've taken a few photos, I have no idea which one of them to give the one star Google review to! Fuming.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have a feeling you don't like Holibobs Greg...

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The wife has booked another 'staycation'. Which is irritating enough on its own given where she has booked and the cost of it. But the accommodation is a static caravan.

To make matters worse. I'll miss the village beer festival. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That only this evening did i ‘get‘ the TV Ad for the AA, with the woolly dog and the fan…its irritated and had me in the dark for yonks wondering what the heck it was all about, and then this evening…ah! The lightbulb was switched only.