Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you leaving the forum?

If the regulars keep stop posting then and other deleting their accounts then a big part of what makes this forum great will be gone - still angry and annoyed that someone like Drive4show felt it was that bad he left and others like Stu have stopped posting - this forum is great and it’s a shame to see people like that leave or stop posting.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the regulars keep stop posting then and other deleting their accounts then a big part of what makes this forum great will be gone - still angry and annoyed that someone like Drive4show felt it was that bad he left and others like Stu have stopped posting - this forum is great and it’s a shame to see people like that leave or stop posting.

I thought Stu had other stuff in his life rather than the forum being so bad he didn't frequent anymore.

Truthfully - if an online forum has enough impact on their emotional well-being that users need to leave...well then probably best they do. It really shouldn't be that serious imho.

D

Deleted member 15344

I thought Stu had other stuff in his life rather than the forum being so bad he didn't frequent anymore.

Truthfully - if an online forum has enough impact on their emotional well-being that users need to leave...well then probably best they do. It really shouldn't be that serious imho.

Understand the point you’re making and can’t disagree but the reasons for leaving arent about well being etc more about losing the enjoyment of the forum and also losing a lot of what was good about it - someone like Gordon used to offer people to visit for rounds etc and I suspect he wouldn’t want to play golf with some now , never used to be like that.

I guess things move on and thankfully I still get to speak to them and play golf with them but it would be a shame to see things like H4H and whippersnappers start to dwindle because the forum has less people who also meet and play golf ( as well as all the other nonsense on here )

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Totally agree Phil,but when you get certain people constantly arguing & being snidey to get a reaction out of people.
Was a shame to see Fish go,did lots for the forum & had lots of friends on here ☹️

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
People argue, have hissy fits and throw their toys out of the pram on Forums. It's just the nature of them. My view as a long time Mod elsewhere is to just go away from the forum if it is so bad.

Oh, and make use of the ignore button. It is something that I never thought I would use but can say that this past year I have used it a lot on the other Forum. Too many posters irritating me and hacking me off. was the only way I could continue as a MOD.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
People argue, have hissy fits and throw their toys out of the pram on Forums. It's just the nature of them. My view as a long time Mod elsewhere is to just go away from the forum if it is so bad.

Oh, and make use of the ignore button. It is something that I never thought I would use but can say that this past year I have used it a lot on the other Forum. Too many posters irritating me and hacking me off. was the only way I could continue as a MOD.

thats great until you try and read a thread where half the posts are by people you have on ignore and another thread has become illegible as is the case on here now

it may be the way of forums but that doesnt stop it being a shame to see one deteriorate so badly that most of the good guys leave

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
thats great until you try and read a thread where half the posts are by people you have on ignore and another thread has become illegible as is the case on here now

it may be the way of forums but that doesnt stop it being a shame to see one deteriorate so badly that most of the good guys leave

Well, it's not affected it for me. Are there really that many that have left?

D

Deleted member 15344

Think the ignore function is a very good function but unfortunately when I recently used it the threads became really ineligible at times and very hard to read - got used to just not bothering to read some posters.

Forums do evolve over time and some posters come and go - some just stop and others return

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
To my mind a forum is a place for opinions, sharing information and having a discussion. Unfortunately sometimes that denegrates into sniping, back biting, name calling, points scoring and the like. I think there are some people who just look for the posts off others just to be offended and have a go at them.
Others who enjoy lighting a blue touch paper and standing back to see what happens.
I'd like to think we were all adult on here and discuss things in a sensible way but sadly that doesn't always happen.
Let's just enjoy the forum, make it a fun place to be and not somewhere to go for an argument.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeah, right.
No underhanded political digs at all?
Nope - just irritated that at 6pm there were empty shelves in the supermarket and when I was told that the issue was supply difficulties I was wondering what about the pandemic was causing that.

And if it isn‘t the pandemic then what is it. Yes of course there might be issues relating to imports tied in with where we are today relative to the EU and the RoW, but if that is the answer then let’s just say it rather than pretend otherwise. Because this is not political - that’s done unless some haven’t noticed...this is about food on the shelves - or not as the case may be.

But let’s just be honest and open about this and have less of the denial nonsense. It doesn’t need to be an argument. If this was just my local Waitrose having an isolated problem then great, but I have noticed some shortages over the last few months - though less obvious and severe than yesterday evening. It could well all be down to the pandemic - not good but hopefully short term.

btw - my irritation with Pings issues getting shafts and other components for my new bats is 100% down to the pandemic - no ifs, buts or maybes ?

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site

I've been reading this forum for quite some time, lots of people who's input I found interesting are long gone, its not a new thing people come and go. I could easily find you posts from over a decade ago from the same faces as today complaining about arguing etc.
It's nothing new, forums can be a way for people to let of some steam and as long as it stays within the bounds of common decency I dont see it as issue, just seems that some are taking to having a bit of flounce about it of late, I'm not sure why and they'll soon be forgotten.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Couldn't agree more with this really. If somebody can't hack a few minor disagreements on a forum then they're better off out of it, and all power to them.