Tour Winner
Visit site
That almost sounds right

It was always 10% final value fee which is what £1.70

Plus 2.9% PayPal fee at the end after the 10% is off

That should be £14.85

So they added 30p

Now they charge 12.8% plus 30p per order I think I read

New system. eBay will charge a final value fee of 12.8%, including delivery, plus 30p per order, while PayPal will be cut out of the equation. This means you'll be fractionally better off.
So take your £10 sale, plus £3 delivery, and eBay will take £1.96, leaving you with £11.04.
Alternatively, sell something for £100, plus £2.50 delivery, and eBay will take £13.42, leaving you with £89.08.
Taking the mick. So they stop using PayPal, but instead of passing that saving onto customers they just charge more and pocket it themselves. Honestly wasn't worth me selling the poxy thing in the end.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Taking the mick. So they stop using PayPal, but instead of passing that saving onto customers they just charge more and pocket it themselves. Honestly wasn't worth me selling the poxy thing in the end.

I like the fact the fees are instant now

I used to hate having a clear out of stuff and then month later getting a bill and it's like for crying out loud

However I don't like that it's no longer instant payment

I used to wait until the money was paid by the selling into PayPal before sending

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The delay in payment is key for me as you still have to send the item and yet the money isn't in your bank for a few days.

As has been said - Marketplace from now on.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The delay in payment is key for me as you still have to send the item and yet the money isn't in your bank for a few days.

As has been said - Marketplace from now on.
i sort of agree but recently sold two clubs on EBay auction for a lot more than I would have put them up for on FB Marketplace. You also don’t have to deal with all the time wasters and people turning up at your house!

There is some recourse with EBay and if you time it right with reduced sellers fees I feel it’s decent value to reach a much wider audience.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i sort of agree but recently sold two clubs on EBay auction for a lot more than I would have put them up for on FB Marketplace. You also don’t have to deal with all the time wasters and people turning up at your house!

There is some recourse with EBay and if you time it right with reduced sellers fees I feel it’s decent value to reach a much wider audience.

As always tho it's greed

They could make more than enough with half that fee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The fees you pay now are similar to the fees you paid before.
The 3%( or thereabouts) you paid to PayPal you now pay to the Dutch payment processing company ( Adyen?) who do what PayPal used to.
The extras you got from PayPal like buyer protection and the like are now being done directly by ebay and thats where the little extra is going.
Wait for the final value fee deals ( 80% off this weekend I think) and the value is there.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
"I don't believe it " we're booked to play an away 4bbb comp on Monday, missing the 1st Scottish Euro game in 23 years :cry:.
Mibbie a blessing, but we live in hope, roll on June 18th :eek::unsure::p:love::devilish:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Finally got to the point of exchange on our house today......
Solicitor emailed at 16.55 that we hadn't signed a form, that they hadn't sent us. Missed the cut off. Absolutely fuming, I've asked them constantly if we had signed everything, as we have been ready for ages, and now it's us that have held everyone else up. Jokers.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reminders of how money makes the world go round ..

Wife's nan passed few weeks ago, was passed from pillar to post to get home help

My grandad not been well.. decided yesterday needed to go into a home for some rest .. 6 weeks £200 a day

He was in within 5 hours

Imurg

Visit site
As per my post in Things that gladen the heart, my replacement Skycaddie has been delivered....apparently...somewhere...just not to me.
Good old Royal Mail have sent me an email informing me of the delivery..
Nobody was in.
No card has been left to give me a clue..
Next door haven't got it and the other side are out...could spend the day making door to door enquiries
Well played Royal Mail you bunch of Know-nothing Bozos....:mad::poop:

Imurg

Visit site
And all my players in the fantasy league have forgotten how to play and a collective 12 over par today - and there only 4 of them..
And I couldn't park outside my house
And I forgot to put the dishwasher on
And the bread's gone mouldy..

I'd give up and go to bed but I'd probably fall out.....:cautious:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
And all my players in the fantasy league have forgotten how to play and a collective 12 over par today - and there only 4 of them..
And I couldn't park outside my house
And I forgot to put the dishwasher on
And the bread's gone mouldy..

I'd give up and go to bed but I'd probably fall out.....:cautious:

Wouldn’t half make a noise when you hit the floor ?❤️

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
"I don't believe it " we're booked to play an away 4bbb comp on Monday, missing the 1st Scottish Euro game in 23 years :cry:.
Mibbie a blessing, but we live in hope, roll on June 18th :eek::unsure::p:love::devilish:

Hey,big boy,....you don't play at my place until the 29th..so where you going?? Can't you get an early time? OR BETTER STILL, CAN THE COMMITTEE NOT RE-ARRANGE IT (DON'T THEY KNOW WHATS HAPPENING????--SACRILEGE-throw a sickie?))

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
at the risk of sounding like a kid saying "he started it", a lot of this sort of stuff is caused by the same poster posting the same "woke / cancel culture" rubbish day after day and people reacting to it. maybe it needs tackling at the source?

And who would that be then?? C'mon, give us a clue ( or 3 )----Pleez!

Can YOU believe it ? Guy called SHAUGHNESSY(?) playing in the Finland vs. Denmark game-brilliant!!
BTW-any thoughts on your new manager rudiebhoy??