Random Irritations

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought he came across really well. I didn't agree with a lot of what he said, but he represented one side of a balanced argument in a very calm, clear and concise way.

To be fair I thought the male presenter (Richard Maddley?) asked good questions but the woman (don't know her) was a complete idiot with her made-up statistics.

This Professor has been on GMB for years. Although I don't agree with a lot of what he says, he does present his arguments rationally and certainly knows his stuff.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a shame. What happened?

What do you think is going on to cause this disruption?
drive4show has become 'deleted member'. I dunno if that means he deleted his own account or what. Reading back here it seemed pretty innocuous to go to that length, but who knows, maybe some further stuff was deleted before I got here.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
drive4show has become 'deleted member'. I dunno if that means he deleted his own account or what. Reading back here it seemed pretty innocuous to go to that length, but who knows, maybe some further stuff was deleted before I got here.

Think that's were you delete your own account .. blackballed is when your kicked off

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
No there wasn't anything deleted just a non story getting blown out of proportion.
To my mind the forum has losts it's way in recent times. Rather than dealing with the trouble makers, because that would mean some hard choices about some "core members" it's simply gone the other way and become ever more prescriptive.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's a shame. What happened?

What do you think is going on to cause this disruption?

He got fed up with the daily sniping and reacting it seems - there seems to be a small bunch looking to react to certain posts and then some playing on that so it’s just ends in tit for tat nonsense - there also seems to be a few who have “returned”

Forums evolve in terms of who posts and through lockdown this forum gave people someone to chat too and at times it got a bit tetchy but you could excuse that with people not playing golf

But now we should all be out enjoying the sun etc but the undercurrent of bad feeling seems to be getting worse , it feels like what the forum was like during all the Brexit and Politic threads when this place was very toxic

The forum is here for all of us and we need to treat it well and at times self mod ourselves and yes myself included because I have been guilty enough times of reacting etc

Hopefully the ones who are causing the people to leave will get bored and leave and people can return because the place is a lot poorer loosing some very long standing members

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He got fed up with the daily sniping and reacting it seems - there seems to be a small bunch looking to react to certain posts and then some playing on that so it’s just ends in tit for tat nonsense - there also seems to be a few who have “returned”

Forums evolve in terms of who posts and through lockdown this forum gave people someone to chat too and at times it got a bit tetchy but you could excuse that with people not playing golf

But now we should all be out enjoying the sun etc but the undercurrent of bad feeling seems to be getting worse , it feels like what the forum was like during all the Brexit and Politic threads when this place was very toxic

The forum is here for all of us and we need to treat it well and at times self mod ourselves and yes myself included because I have been guilty enough times of reacting etc

Hopefully the ones who are causing the people to leave will get bored and leave and people can return because the place is a lot poorer loosing some very long standing members
I think it's just a microcosm of society and Britain as a whole though - ever since Brexit started the right-leaning people felt more justified and got louder, the left-leaning people got louder in order to counteract that. I don't think we're much different to any other community in that respect.

Of course it's the individual's decision if they want to take themselves out of the forum. I personally never would, with the amount of time I spend on here, it'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face. :p

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think it's just a microcosm of society and Britain as a whole though - ever since Brexit started the right-leaning people felt more justified and got louder, the left-leaning people got louder in order to counteract that. I don't think we're much different to any other community in that respect.

Of course it's the individual's decision if they want to take themselves out of the forum. I personally never would, with the amount of time I spend on here, it'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face. :p

if i stopped visiting the forum i'd have to do some work!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Shame if Gordon has gone. He only posted the other day though.

It's a fact of life that things evolve though. Stalwarts come and go, that's the nature of things. Some on here do get hysterical and can't have a reasoned debate without going into overdrive to try establish that their opinion is a fact. I only dip in and out as there are far more important things to warrant my time and energy.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
National savings and investments

Every month put a bit away for the girls future

Because it's a kids account for the premium bonds they won't go paperless

So every month 3 letters arrive saying you have invested this

Thanks . Waste of paper

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ebay since they got rid of Paypal - have they whacked up their charges?? I sold something for £15 + 2 postage. I got £14.52 in my account. That's it. They charged 17%?? What the hell?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ebay since they got rid of Paypal - have they whacked up their charges?? I sold something for £15 + 2 postage. I got £14.52 in my account. That's it. They charged 17%?? What the hell?

That almost sounds right

It was always 10% final value fee which is what £1.70

Plus 2.9% PayPal fee at the end after the 10% is off

That should be £14.85

So they added 30p

Now they charge 12.8% plus 30p per order I think I read

New system. eBay will charge a final value fee of 12.8%, including delivery, plus 30p per order, while PayPal will be cut out of the equation. This means you'll be fractionally better off.
So take your £10 sale, plus £3 delivery, and eBay will take £1.96, leaving you with £11.04.
Alternatively, sell something for £100, plus £2.50 delivery, and eBay will take £13.42, leaving you with £89.08.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's also quite disguised what they'll take. Not sure I'll bother selling anymore on there.