Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm late to the party but I now have this on series link ?. I may be slightly addicted ?.

I used to watch it regularly. I often smiled when I listened to some peoples expectations of 'Living in the Country' I bet a fair few moved back to towns after some while of living in the country.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
1. The constant bickering- went away for 3 days playing golf , come back and it’s the same rubbish that was being bickered about before - politics and which side you lean on being at the heart of it. It’s ruining the forum

2. Another long standing member leaving , someone who has been to many meets and hosted many forum members over the years.

Forum membership evolves but there is normally a core at the heart and in this case it should be golf

But it’s not and seems to have escalated over the past couple of weeks - must be a nightmare for the mods at the moment.

at the risk of sounding like a kid saying "he started it", a lot of this sort of stuff is caused by the same poster posting the same "woke / cancel culture" rubbish day after day and people reacting to it. maybe it needs tackling at the source?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spending half an hour this morning finding finding my eclipse viewing sun glasses ( kept from 1999) only to get occasional glimpses through the clouds of one of the least impressive eclipses I have seen in my lifetime.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to watch it regularly. I often smiled when I listened to some peoples expectations of 'Living in the Country' I bet a fair few moved back to towns after some while of living in the country.
I'm sure you are right. A lot seem to want to move from London or surounds and go straight to utter isolation on a moor somewhere. Quite a culture shock awaits. It would be interesting to know how many loved their new lives and how many find it too big a step.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Scottish small town solicitors typo's.
How many are acceptable.:mad:.
Now a four month delay in process.
They blame skeleton staff, I blame badly trained staff.
Does no one check anything these days.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Today we made an offer on the "wildcard". Currently owned by an old couple, they want to "honour" every viewing that is booked. Theyll respond to our offer on Wednesday lol. Not holding our breath.......

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On a similar note, when you leave a long, detailed voicemail with all of the information that the person has asked for and they simply don't listen to it and call you back saying they saw a missed call and then expect you to explain it all to them again.

To be fair if I see a miss call I call back, sometimes the voicemail comes through after

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
at the risk of sounding like a kid saying "he started it", a lot of this sort of stuff is caused by the same poster posting the same "woke / cancel culture" rubbish day after day and people reacting to it. maybe it needs tackling at the source?
I had to shrug and shake my head today when I learnt a bit more of the removal of the photo of the queen from the Oxford Uni college common room. The vote taken by a group of young people most will never meet; about a photo hung less than ten yrs ago on the wall of a common room none of us will ever go into; in one college out of 39 Oxford Uni colleges, of the multitude of universities in the UK.

But what made me laugh was that removal was on the basis of the views of ten students, those ten being in the majority of what would therefore be at most 19 students voting. And so our PM, some MPs, right wing commentators, and newspapers were getting their audiences all angry and het up about the end of civilisation in the UK as we know it, on the basis of the views of ten students.

Whatever next...maybe they will be making a huge fuss over the views of eleven young male sportsmen and their boss...more end of the world stuff. Ah - hold on... Jeez.

Meanwhile in the real world...where there are very difficult and significant issues facing the UK for the future, the rest of us have to keep our thoughts to ourselves.

Anyway..my shanked 2nd shot to the 12th this evening...really irritating. As was the lost ball on the 2nd after I hold out from a greenside bunker for an eagle on our par 5 1st hole. Now that’s very random and very irritating.?

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Notice how he stays calm and states nothing but facts as the presenters get worked up in the face of it all.

Brilliant.

It’s so good to see people finally speaking out against the stain on our country that our colonial past is and the royal family continue to be. I really hope I see the United Kingdom become a republic in my days but I don’t think I will.

At the risk of being the target for the growing number of attack dogs that seem to be populating the forum lately…

”States nothing but facts…”

The Queen isn’t (titular) head of state for all Commonwealth countries, it’s about half of them. There are also about 15 republics in the Commonwealth, and a further (smaller) number of countries that have their own monarchies.

A number of countries have left the Commonwealth, some of which have since returned. And there’s some ‘new’ countries that have joined the Commonwealth.

“The white supremacist…”

Seems a bit at odds with her actions against apartheid that led to South Africa withdrawing from the Commonwealth. She went ‘well off piste’ and caused a whole heap of trouble with the then U.K. Primeminister over the U.K. government’s kid gloves approach to South Africa’s regime.

Some people need to read up on the history of the Commonwealth, including the strong relationships between individual countries.

”Nothing but facts…” Yeah, right…

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
At the risk of being the target for the growing number of attack dogs that seem to be populating the forum lately…

”States nothing but facts…”

The Queen isn’t (titular) head of state for all Commonwealth countries, it’s about half of them. There are also about 15 republics in the Commonwealth, and a further (smaller) number of countries that have their own monarchies.

A number of countries have left the Commonwealth, some of which have since returned. And there’s some ‘new’ countries that have joined the Commonwealth.

“The white supremacist…”

Seems a bit at odds with her actions against apartheid that led to South Africa withdrawing from the Commonwealth. She went ‘well off piste’ and caused a whole heap of trouble with the then U.K. Primeminister over the U.K. government’s kid gloves approach to South Africa’s regime.

Some people need to read up on the history of the Commonwealth, including the strong relationships between individual countries.

”Nothing but facts…” Yeah, right…

His whole demeanour throughout that interview lacked any gravitas for me; he was like a naughty schoolboy on the wind up rather than someone presenting a serious argument.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Today we made an offer on the "wildcard". Currently owned by an old couple, they want to "honour" every viewing that is booked. Theyll respond to our offer on Wednesday lol. Not holding our breath.......

There's no pleasing you, is there; first you moan that you don't get a chance to view houses and then when somebody plays fair and lets everyone view you moan... :whistle: ;)

Hope it all works out for you mate. (y)

sunshine

Visit site
His whole demeanour throughout that interview lacked any gravitas for me; he was like a naughty schoolboy on the wind up rather than someone presenting a serious argument.

I thought he came across really well. I didn't agree with a lot of what he said, but he represented one side of a balanced argument in a very calm, clear and concise way.

To be fair I thought the male presenter (Richard Maddley?) asked good questions but the woman (don't know her) was a complete idiot with her made-up statistics.