Random Irritations

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
i didn't say 99% similarly it is very clear that the the people who agree with Andrews are a very small minority - let me sum up what he said:
  • The queen does not just represent modern colonialism, she is the number 1 symbol of white supremecy in the entire world
  • The Head of the Commonwealth which is actually the Empire
  • Even in that picture she is wearing jewels stolen from the black and brown world
  • A black woman joined the family and it was so bad she had to leave in a couple of years
  • Countries like Jamaica are only part of the Commonwealth as their economies are heavily dependant on colonial ideas and practises
  • Magdalen college is an assult of portraits of dead white men - that place is so violent for black men, the queen's picture is the first they should take down
  • This is only news because the right-wing press made a deal of it
Refer to what Calvin Robinson said for what i think.
Thanks for summing up the facts for everyone who hasn’t seen the video.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Do you really believe the 99.9% comment as made by the presenters?

If so, then I’d suggest you’re the naive one in this discussion.

As for it being a majority, which I’m sure it is given the leanings of this country, the majority isn’t always correct as has been shown many times in history. I can accept being in the minority but with a decent moral compass and empathy for other people.

Let's face it, the snowflakes will eventually change history by rewriting the books, the downside being that future generations will not learn from mistakes that were made. In my view "a decent moral compass" and "empathy for other people" is something shared by most of the forum members, but, the ability to change history is not a gift any of us possess and rewriting it does not change it!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Let's face it, the snowflakes will eventually change history by rewriting the books, the downside being that future generations will not learn from mistakes that were made. In my view "a decent moral compass" and "empathy for other people" is something shared by most of the forum members, but, the ability to change history is not a gift any of us possess and rewriting it does not change it!

Interesting use of the snowflake insult. Look at the ones who are melting here?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s funny how you use the term snowflake to describe people who you think are over sensitive about issues such as racism but presumably don’t see the irony that you’re annoyed by people wanting to address racism and our colonial past. Just think about who is really getting annoyed by the trivial thing.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It’s funny how you use the term snowflake to describe people who you think are over sensitive about issues such as racism but presumably don’t see the irony that you’re annoyed by people wanting to address racism and our colonial past. Just think about who is really getting annoyed by the trivial thing.

My use of "snowflake" is to highlight the people who try and alter the past. I'd rather that they concentrate wholly on doing that for the future!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My use is "snowflake" is to highlight the people who try and alter the past. I'd rather that they concentrate wholly on doing that for the future!

haven't seen anyone try to alter the past. Saying that there are some things in the past which, with hindsight, should not be celebrated or venerated, is not altering the past.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

so in this context what was the racism related to the Queen? When has the Queen been racist?

And what exactly is supposed to be done about our (and many other countries) colonial past? We ended the empire 50+ years ago, we were the first country to end slavery nearly 200 years ago. We are not a colonial power any more? What is this addressing that you feel needs to happen now? Nobody in this clip stuck up for the practises that were employed when the empire was built with the deplorable treatments of many people for sure - but this was in a different age and it was the way the world was. Nobody is condoning these practises and they should be studied and critiqued - that is what is good about history, you study, learn and adapt, unless you are a totalitarian state where you re-write history and force a narrow view on the people

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
so in this context what was the racism related to the Queen? When has the Queen been racist?

And what exactly is supposed to be done about our (and many other countries) colonial past? We ended the empire 50+ years ago, we were the first country to end slavery nearly 200 years ago. We are not a colonial power any more? What is this addressing that you feel needs to happen now? Nobody in this clip stuck up for the practises that were employed when the empire was built with the deplorable treatments of many people for sure - but this was in a different age and it was the way the world was. Nobody is condoning these practises and they should be studied and critiqued - that is what is good about history, you study, learn and adapt, unless you are a totalitarian state where you re-write history and force a narrow view on the people
So you think we’re accurately teaching our children to true aims and methods of our ancestors?

I don’t believe the Queen is racist but her husband certainly felt it appropriate to make racist comments from his platform. The treatment of Meghan Markle is certainly not flattering and very suspicious but the cause isn’t obviously racist to me. But she is certainly a figurehead of what we achieved by our disgusting colonisation of the world. That’s not really up for debate. I don’t expect her to apologise for that, she was born into it, but it should be acknowledged. And obviously I ultimately feel the royals should be removed and we should become a republic.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
H
3 pages of pointless bickering between those on the left and those on the right…nice

Random irritations isn’t the right place to have this mass debate.

New thread if you want to continue
But please keep it non political ?
Happy to leave this dead horse flogged this much for today. ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
On a similar note, when you leave a long, detailed voicemail with all of the information that the person has asked for and they simply don't listen to it and call you back saying they saw a missed call and then expect you to explain it all to them again.
That's my missus that is. I've given up leaving her voicemails as she never listens to them.
She's also one of those that if she calls and doesn't answer then she'll call again, then call me on my work phone, then call me on the house phone. Damned irritating when I'm on a Teams video conference.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's my missus that is. I've given up leaving her voicemails as she never listens to them.
She's also one of those that if she calls and doesn't answer then she'll call again, then call me on my work phone, then call me on the house phone. Damned irritating when I'm on a Teams video conference.
And all she wants is for you to pick up some milk!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

Haha is she related to my dad? He even phones me to tell me he has sent me an email!!

D

Deleted member 15344

1. The constant bickering- went away for 3 days playing golf , come back and it’s the same rubbish that was being bickered about before - politics and which side you lean on being at the heart of it. It’s ruining the forum

2. Another long standing member leaving , someone who has been to many meets and hosted many forum members over the years.

Forum membership evolves but there is normally a core at the heart and in this case it should be golf

But it’s not and seems to have escalated over the past couple of weeks - must be a nightmare for the mods at the moment.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Folk who are fortunate enough to live in Cornwall whining about the number of tourists that staycation will bring their way. So sorry if others want to enjoy what you get to enjoy 365 days a year. Without tourism the County doesn't have much else...

What the rain every other day and the gale force winds.