Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Idiots who think the correct response to an unanswered phone call is to immediately redial the number; no, the correct response is to listen to the answerphone message that tells you I'm on leave this week, and follow the options that it gives you.

Add to that, people who send you an email then immediately phone you to tell you they've sent you an email.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Add to that, people who send you an email then immediately phone you to tell you they've sent you an email.
I get this sometimes at work but thankfully it’s usually just someone making sure there’s a paper trail to our agreements made over the phone.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a similar note, when you leave a long, detailed voicemail with all of the information that the person has asked for and they simply don't listen to it and call you back saying they saw a missed call and then expect you to explain it all to them again.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Your response shows that you haven't got an answer. All countries are the same.

Really? think you will find it is only a small minority of countries who have invaded other countries (often halfway round the world) in order to build an empire and profit from their colonies' natural resources.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Really? think you will find it is only a small minority of countries who have invaded other countries (often halfway round the world) in order to build an empire and profit from their colonies' natural resources.
Next he’ll tell us how black people sold their own people into slavery so really it’s just fine.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Notice how he stays calm and states nothing but facts as the presenters get worked up in the face of it all.

Brilliant.

It’s so good to see people finally speaking out against the stain on our country that our colonial past is and the royal family continue to be. I really hope I see the United Kingdom become a republic in my days but I don’t think I will.

facts :):):):):):):). Thankfully your "facts" are seen as correct only by a tiny minority, as noted by the other commentators whose views represent the large sane majority of our tolerant mult-cultural country

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's probably been mentioned before but when someone asks a question on an 'all staff'' email and only expects the person responsible to reply, every one and their dog replies to all even when a Director asks them not to.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
facts :):):):):):):). Thankfully your "facts" are seen as correct only by a tiny minority, as noted by the other commentators whose views represent the large sane majority of our tolerant mult-cultural country
Do you really believe the 99.9% comment as made by the presenters?

If so, then I’d suggest you’re the naive one in this discussion.

As for it being a majority, which I’m sure it is given the leanings of this country, the majority isn’t always correct as has been shown many times in history. I can accept being in the minority but with a decent moral compass and empathy for other people.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you really believe the 99.9% comment as made by the presenters?

If so, then I’d suggest you’re the naive one in this discussion.

As for it being a majority, which I’m sure it is given the leanings of this country, the majority isn’t always correct as has been shown many times in history. I can accept being in the minority but with a decent moral compass and empathy for other people.

i didn't say 99% similarly it is very clear that the the people who agree with Andrews are a very small minority - let me sum up what he said:
  • The queen does not just represent modern colonialism, she is the number 1 symbol of white supremecy in the entire world
  • The Head of the Commonwealth which is actually the Empire
  • Even in that picture she is wearing jewels stolen from the black and brown world
  • A black woman joined the family and it was so bad she had to leave in a couple of years
  • Countries like Jamaica are only part of the Commonwealth as their economies are heavily dependant on colonial ideas and practises
  • Magdalen college is an assult of portraits of dead white men - that place is so violent for black men, the queen's picture is the first they should take down
  • This is only news because the right-wing press made a deal of it
Refer to what Calvin Robinson said for what i think.