Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve had it once before, it’s scheduled with the podpoint.
I’ll be on my way soon. Just 20mins later. Thankfully a rapid at Morrison’s near home.

Ah yes I use the podpoint schedule

Only issue I've had is when I turned off my power to my fuse board and forget I had car plugged in on timer and it took a few kw before the router booted back up and turned off the podpoint until the cheap time lol

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I know I have no right to expect to always be able to park outside my house but our street is pretty good at not taking other peoples spaces.
The git who has parked outside today doesn't live in our street, he lives in the road opposite.
So he's parked in my street - the irony is that the only place I could park is in his street....:rolleyes:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I know I have no right to expect to always be able to park outside my house but our street is pretty good at not taking other peoples spaces.
The git who has parked outside today doesn't live in our street, he lives in the road opposite.
So he's parked in my street - the irony is that the only place I could park is in his street....:rolleyes:
Maybe when he wanted to park, there was no space in his street and he ended up doing exactly what you've now done.
It's too easy to assume the worst in people when they may have had no choice.

Example: Many years ago due to some badly positioned cars that were straddling white lines, the only place I could park in a car park was also straddling two bays.
When I returned to it, the other badly positioned cars were gone, and someone had decided to punish my bad parking by keying my door :mad:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Maybe when he wanted to park, there was no space in his street and he ended up doing exactly what you've now done.
It's too easy to assume the worst in people when they may have had no choice.

Example: Many years ago due to some badly positioned cars that were straddling white lines, the only place I could park in a car park was also straddling two bays.
When I returned to it, the other badly positioned cars were gone, and someone had decided to punish my bad parking by keying my door :mad:
Plausible but the Mrs saw him...5 minutes earlier and I'd have had my spot.
He always seems to park on our street..his is a cul-de-sac and it can be mildly tricky turning round at the end but anyone with half an ounce of driving ability can do it semi-blindfolded..even my learners - 2 of them live down there and I make them turn the car around so they know how to do it..

D

Deleted member 15344

People providing the exact reason why fans of some clubs won’t support England - some of the abuse being directed at Henderson is shocking.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Wait until August when some of the buggers grow wings ............................... now those I HATE!

I know. We have to keep the windows closed on flying and day. Otherwise we end up with a house full.

We generally have a lot of ants. But this year there is an unreal number of them.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had loads of them. We have so many ants round here they hardly make a difference.

Have you tried one of these?
I've heard they're pretty good!

anteater.jpg

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
This was one of the stones I passed a few years ago. The painful bit was as it moved from my kidney to my bladder.

The tube from the kidney to the bladder is not very flexible, and that's where most of the pain occurs. The urethra is much more flexible and can pass the stones easier, but that doesn't really make the experience any more pleasant....... :eek:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Holiday makers in Portugal moaning about the government not giving them enough time to get home before they have to isolate saying they followed government advice, no the advice was not to travel.

I have zero sympathy for any holiday maker that has to isolate or looses money.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Holiday makers in Portugal moaning about the government not giving them enough time to get home before they have to isolate saying they followed government advice, no the advice was not to travel.

I have zero sympathy for any holiday maker that has to isolate or looses money.

I will second that one, especially the ones booked to head out Wednesday last week. It was well publicised that this was the next decision date and countries could be added or removed from the green list, and Portugal had been looking a bit shaky for most of the previous week, so why book to go within24 hours of the decision being made. Now the media is full of people with jobs that, by their nature, would garner public support saying how awful it is that they cannot get home early of have to isolate on their return. The position was clear and you took the risk.

Just waiting for the calls for the Government to compensate people who have to self isolate on their return from holiday.