Random Irritations

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got one. Don't trust it due to distortion. Fine if you want to park 12" away, but not if you want 2" away. Don't trust the sensors, as they don't pick up very low walls, or railway sleepers. Where I park at the flat, the low wall is actually under the rear bumper a bit, but I need to park this close as the spaces are not designed for 5m plus cars.
The car can self park, and I don't trust that either.
Often the trouble with the camera distortion is magnified by the wing mirror cameras. The car is pretty long, and the cameras let the rear wings get very very close to impact before picking up, when 'on screen' there is loads of space.

Wise advice, that's coming from the person that reversed a massive branch through the rear window of their XC90 as the base of the tree was miles away! LOL

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Picking Mrs Colch up from hospital after an op. Phone call at 9 this morning asking me to be there at midday to pick her up as they wanted to discharge her. Two and a half hour drive to get there so set off and arrived bang on time. Not allowed in to the hospital due to Covid restrictions so have to wait in the car which is understandable. But it's now nearly 4pm and I'm still sitting in the car waiting for her to be discharged.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Picking Mrs Colch up from hospital after an op. Phone call at 9 this morning asking me to be there at midday to pick her up as they wanted to discharge her. Two and a half hour drive to get there so set off and arrived bang on time. Not allowed in to the hospital due to Covid restrictions so have to wait in the car which is understandable. But it's now nearly 4pm and I'm still sitting in the car waiting for her to be discharged.

When I had my appendix out it was similar and quite ridiculous waiting for a doctor to sign the release paperwork. One of the many administrative elements of the NHS I became aware of which blocked beds and added to the stresses and strains on the medical staff.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I had my appendix out it was similar and quite ridiculous waiting for a doctor to sign the release paperwork. One of the many administrative elements of the NHS I became aware of which blocked beds and added to the stresses and strains on the medical staff.

The doctor signed her off as fit to leave at 9am. The rest of the time was waiting for medication from the pharmacy. Finally left at five past five. Just in time to hit rush hour.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Move your mirrors when you park? Thought all posh cars lowered mirrors when in R

I have a great idea. If, and it's an if, we ever meet, you can reverse my car, and I will put something behind it. If you hit it, using only the mirrors, and the camera, you can pay me the £5500 that an exhaust system on my car costs.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So accent. Bank transfer

But it shall not be needed

I can actually park a car ?

Jeez, you just don't get it. Parking isn't difficult. Any idiot can do it. Chuck a railway sleeper behind, that is pretty much the width of the car, and yes, it becomes difficult. Forget mirrors, windows, sensors, cameras, you cannot see it. It's flipping invisible.
But, it's a big flipping but, if you open the door, and lean out, yes, you can see it. And, you can reverse up to it.

Do you make money out of being stupid? I hope so. As otherwise, why go there?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jeez, you just don't get it. Parking isn't difficult. Any idiot can do it. Chuck a railway sleeper behind, that is pretty much the width of the car, and yes, it becomes difficult. Forget mirrors, windows, sensors, cameras, you cannot see it. It's flipping invisible.
But, it's a big flipping but, if you open the door, and lean out, yes, you can see it. And, you can reverse up to it.

Do you make money out of being stupid? I hope so. As otherwise, why go there?

You must do. Lol because it's the only way to explain how you have any cash

Why not just drive in? Or is that too difficult for your skillset aswell princess?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You must do. Lol because it's the only way to explain how you have any cash

Why not just drive in? Or is that too difficult for your skillset aswell princess?

That makes so much sense. The bonnet is long, the sensors are above the sleeper and won't pick it up, the camera is above the splitter, so then I am in for a new spitter, which let me guess, is probably back to the 5500 that the exhaust costs.

Genius idea.

Or, just let me disable the safety gadget that puts the car in park when I open the door.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That makes so much sense. The bonnet is long, the sensors are above the sleeper and won't pick it up, the camera is above the splitter, so then I am in for a new spitter, which let me guess, is probably back to the 5500 that the exhaust costs.

Genius idea.

Or, just let me disable the safety gadget that puts the car in park when I open the door.

Sounds a pretty rubbish car to be fair ...

Maybe you should get something without an exhaust...

Telsa suppose to be good