Random Irritations

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Constant misuse of the "word" or phrase staycation

It does not mean going on holiday to Cornwall just because abroad is out the question

It means staying at home and doing things in day trip format that don't require overnight stay

The use of the word Staycation in advertising a week away in Jersey, Roof boxes at Halfords, some holiday park the other side of the country. A staycation, is when you have time off work and stay at your home!! Maybe have the odd day trip, but the clue is in the name STAY... It does not mean a Holiday in the UK. DoorKnobs.

These (again), times 10

Guess will have to accept the UK media & marketeers have redefined it.
More US Americanisation love-in stuff (i.e. the twist on vacation) ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These (again), times 10

Guess will have to accept the UK media & marketeers have redefined it.
More US Americanisation love-in stuff (i.e. the twist on vacation) ?

It's the same for me as "mini moon" no your not on your mini moon .. it's your honeymoon and your "honeymoon" is just a big holiday.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Neighbours and parking again

This was the txt I got off them this morning

Morning Paul
Just to make you aware we’ve got 6 viewings from 1230pm today.
4 tomorrow from 1pm.
1 on Sunday at 3pm.
Possibly another at some point over the weekend just waiting to hear back.

Then got back

And another tomorrow.
Still waiting on another.
It ends up like eBay ?
Thanks just causes less traffic and grief if they can just park up with ease. Only here 20 mind at a time.
In out conveyor belt ?

So litterally taking the mick. No gaps

However to this I replied

If you want feel free to leave John's car down the garages then u got the driveway free all weekend, we not using the garage etc

Nah it’s ok it won’t drive that tank down there ?

So basically it's fine to put us out and make the support bubble and garden visits park away from our house so you can fit your non covid safe viewings in.. but you won't move your car that you drive what once a week? Down to the bottom so that your visitors would have two spaces on the drive plus the shared that I've agreed to leave unused

Right then

So I asked

"Hi, hope your visits have been worth having lol no time wasters. Can I put the small car in front the garage over the weekend? We going out in the big car a few times but also have garden visits and then I'd have space for our guests on my drive"

Polite .. read and not replied at 5

So I've told the wife sod it. I'm parking down there .. it's now 9pm I'm home from work she had 4 hours to object to the idea ..

I think I'm more than reasonable considering

This way they get the shared drive as the car won't move until Monday 5am

And we get one space on our drives for garden visitors

Oh and got this from wife now

"Parking down bottom woke them both"

Last time im nice to anyone. Park where I want in future sod your visitors

Maybe accommodate the neighbours to help get rid of them, then maybe establish some new boundaries with the new neighbours?

My dad lives in Elm Park and has a shared drive, with the old neighbours it was a PITA all the time with them parking on the drive stopping him getting to his garage etc. Once they went on holiday and squeezed two cars on it and left them for a fortnight! They moved and as soon as the new neighbours came he told them that "we always keep the drive clear for garage access" and they were great, If they had a visitor they would ask my dad if they could temporarily park on the drive.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
After a fair few arguments with Hoover Candy over their ability to supply £20 worth of bits to repair a tumble drier that the parts are still under warranty I finally agree a deal for a new (different) drier at a reduced price.

The guys arrive at 7.30 this morning to fit the replacement and take away the old one, but, the old one wont come out as the feet won't adjust low enough to lift over the floor tiles that were laid after the kitchen was fitted. So,I now have 2 tumble driers but only one fitted ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe accommodate the neighbours to help get rid of them, then maybe establish some new boundaries with the new neighbours?

My dad lives in Elm Park and has a shared drive, with the old neighbours it was a PITA all the time with them parking on the drive stopping him getting to his garage etc. Once they went on holiday and squeezed two cars on it and left them for a fortnight! They moved and as soon as the new neighbours came he told them that "we always keep the drive clear for garage access" and they were great, If they had a visitor they would ask my dad if they could temporarily park on the drive.

Luckily the house has sold again! One day on the market. Hopefully it goes through

They been great until the move then pita

Annoying thing is (not sure if my photo shows it) they have an extra bit to enter the drive where as I'm blocked by the lampost

So they have the whole shared drive plus another car size but of concrete to drive over .. easy

We have to just go via shared drive so if anyone parks there becomes a faffScreenshot_20210403-110258_ORPHEUS.jpg

D

Deleted member 15344

Inconsiderate members who decided they couldn’t be bothered to park in the overflow car park ( maybe the 5 min walk is too much for them ) so they decided to make their own space and in doing so cover up half the exit

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Read a post on our neighbourhood app and a new neighbour who is wheelchair bound was asking for countryside walks that are accessible.
Surrounded by countryside and explored all the public footpaths and rights of way I can’t think of any accessible ones. In fact some of the access points that aren’t stiles require me to walk sideways and a foot wide.

If I’ve never thought of disabled people while out walking, who else hasn’t.

Pretty saddened and irritated.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My workload from the Census today. Huntingdon centre and had me wandering around like an idiot looking for addresses that didn't exist. Then about a mile or so out of town, then a mile or so out of town the other direction, then back to a mile out of town to the area I'd been in previously. Add to that the Sat Nav system playing silly beggars and I was all for jacking it in - especially as I was busting for a wee! I'm finding it pretty soul destroying as the "wins" seem few and far between.

Oh and to add insult to injury (feet killing me!) they have messed up and many of us not been paid for last week!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The, now, abridged version of the Yorkshire Tea advert where Sean Bean launches into his motivational speech with a sword. The original advert was funny cos he followed it up with the comment "Oh yeah, and the fire drill's at 3 every Friday." They've cut that bit out and the advert just looks like a pretentious Yorkshire rant. You'd think marketing people might have cottoned on to that. :rolleyes:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Inconsiderate members who decided they couldn’t be bothered to park in the overflow car park ( maybe the 5 min walk is too much for them ) so they decided to make their own space and in doing so cover up half the exit
We have the same problem every year when new members join, they just park anywhere they see a space.
Parking in nearby residents spaces or blocking driveways, or my pet hate taking up 2 spaces in the car park .
A word of warning to new members re parking , should be part of the joining process :oops:

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Takeaway menus with generic photos of food that’s never come from their kitchen.

I'll see that and raise you just eat having our favourite Turkish on their restaurant list .. with a pic of their mixed hot meze when you click into it as the banner

However it's the only thing that's not on the menu from them lol