Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well as things stand, I took a trip to the supermarket and back on Saturday and didn't run any cameras as far as I know so shouldn't have any issues.

Not sure if I'm being naive here, but if a ticket did arrive in the post would they deliberately delete recordings of 3 separate calls in order to deny I wasn't insured because of their mistake?
I would like to hope that couldn't happen... ?

I dont think they would cheat or lie but was just picking up on BIM' s comment.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well as things stand, I took a trip to the supermarket and back on Saturday and didn't run any cameras as far as I know so shouldn't have any issues.

Not sure if I'm being naive here, but if a ticket did arrive in the post would they deliberately delete recordings of 3 separate calls in order to deny I wasn't insured because of their mistake?

I'm not saying they would deliberately delete them but I would have hoped that they would have been far more forthcoming & reassuring about the fact that they have totally screwed up & left you technically without cover.

As it stands if you were asked to produce, as unlikely as that is, you couldn't & the onus is on you to do so. If they have been more helpful than that and I'm not picking up on it my apologies, but given the way that they remind you of your obligation to be honest when answering questions as they form the basis of a contract in law, they don't seem keen to be upholding their end of the contract having taken the cash.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree totally.

To be balanced though, and this will sound a bit mickey mouse for such a big company, the lady who restarted the policy was WFH "and finishing at 5pm".

When I was speaking to her at 4.40, she said she'd try and get it sorted before she finished work. She phoned me back 15 minutes later and said that her manager had authorised her to restart the policy based on the computer notes. She said that obviously in that intervening time they'd not had chance to listen to the 20 minute phone recording.

I can see that before listening to the recording they need to cover themselves, but once they've listened to it they would have to, if necessary, take full responsibility.

Bottom line is, someone made an admin mistake. It happens, albeit with quite important consequences on this occasion.
Most if not all motor insurance staff are WFH now and mistakes are made by human and technolofly, an its just as frustrating for the staff as well as yourselves.
At least you have your policy back up and running with no harm done.
I think that although we want everything perfect, currently we do have to accept that things can go wrong more readily right now at least until normality returns across the board.:)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Our buyers buyer has pulled out, we were supposed to be exchanging this week.
House was on the market since June and the chain was complete in October. We'll miss the stamp duty holiday deadline, sellers probably won't hang around.
I'm going to have to sort my son's school application, and my wife is 5 months pregnant.
I'm lost.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Maybe not but I'm sure they didn't deliberately leave you uninsured for two days either. :cautious:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
House was on the market since June and the chain was complete in October. We'll miss the stamp duty holiday deadline, sellers probably won't hang around.
I'm going to have to sort my son's school application, and my wife is 5 months pregnant.
I'm lost.

Oh crikey that's awful. Feel for you and hope you can quickly get something sorted.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm lost.

Sorry to hear :( Seems quite a few chains are falling apart

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm lost.

Not much comfort I know but word around the profession is that the Stamp Duty deadline will be extended to the duration of all other covid financial measures

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not much comfort I know but word around the profession is that the Stamp Duty deadline will be extended to the duration of all other covid financial measures

Thanks mate, I'll look out for that. Could help a bit, especially if our sellers wait for us to get a completed chain again.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry to hear :( Seems quite a few chains are falling apart

What makes it worse is the council were buying our buyers house, which I thought would be a safe bet and no issues as ultimately, it's not an individual getting cold feet. They'd actually advertised for houses they wanted.
Our buyer lives on our estate already and wanted ours which is bigger. Council have pulled out as they don't want the estate management fee to be an issue....it's £75 per year and they've known about it since October. I'm tempted to say I'll pay it for them every year even after we've gone.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What makes it worse is the council were buying our buyers house, which I thought would be a safe bet and no issues as ultimately, it's not an individual getting cold feet. They'd actually advertised for houses they wanted.
Our buyer lives on our estate already and wanted ours which is bigger. Council have pulled out as they don't want the estate management fee to be an issue....it's £75 per year and they've known about it since October. I'm tempted to say I'll pay it for them every year even after we've gone.

That is worse :( , is it worth a conversation with the council to see if their is a way of resolving over such a small fee?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our most productive member of staff has just had an isolate notification from the nhs app. She doesn't know anyone with covid but she obviously has to follow the guidelines.

It would never be good timing but at the moment it is extra unhelpful.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That is worse :( , is it worth a conversation with the council to see if their is a way of resolving over such a small fee?

I can't as it's not my buyer directly. Link one in the chain and I'm number 3.
Our sellers have said they'll give us a week and then it'll go back on the market. Can't ask for much else really, it was on the market for a year before we made an offer though so maybe it'll be a while again. Knowing our luck they'll get a buyer straight away, but can't begrudge them that, not their fault or ours really.