Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My company (a Global IT Corporate) has just initiated Step 3 of a 3 Step Company Transformation. We've all got 'the presentation pack' that defines the global reorganisation and that part of it in which I now sit.

Handily a Glossary of Acronyms has been provided to help me read the pack...it lists 132 acronyms :(

I'm wondering what those who put the pack together thought when they had completed compiling the list...truth is that without it the pack would - for me at least - have been in large part quite incomprehensible.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Awe Naw........my Mrs has discovered LBC.
Ah the joys of JO'B telling us the facts of life...not everyone likes his bluntness.

Actually I think she'll enjoy Shelagh Fogerty - certainly my Mrs likes her and the sensitive way that she covers many difficult subjects - social care and care for the elderly and mental health issues being her passions. She was having a day off yesterday (maybe this week) but Tom Swarbrick is a good stand-in. And then another refugee from the BBC - Eddie Mair - before the ever decent and sensible Iain Dale.

I'll add in the spirit of this thread. Many on here find James O'Brien VERY irritating :)

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
My company (a Global IT Corporate) has just initiated Step 3 of a 3 Step Company Transformation. We've all got 'the presentation pack' that defines the global reorganisation and that part of it in which I now sit.

Handily a Glossary of Acronyms has been provided to help me read the pack...it lists 132 acronyms :(

I'm wondering what those who put the pack together thought when they had completed compiling the list...truth is that without it the pack would - for me at least - have been in large part quite incomprehensible.

If you can't understand it, let's hope the company have provided a Fast Action Response Team to assist you... ;) (y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If you can't understand it, let's hope the company have provided a Fast Action Response Team to assist you... ;)(y)
we have many such teams...indeed we have just moved to another sort of team for our Unified Comms...which is good as previously we had three...we weren't very unified.

But in same vein as your acronym - back in early 1980s Paisley College of Technology (which I went to) thought of changing it's name and one option was Paisley Institute of Science and Technology...:)

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Companies who really do the stupidest things. Ordered a present for my wife as a surprise (before anyone gets any ideas, it was a pair of shoes that she has wanted for ages) and as it was a surprise, I checked that it would be in a normal box when posted as my wife is at home and gets the post every day. Yes, assured that this would be the case etc. Arrives today packaged as said with a whopping great returns sticker on the front detailing the name of the company and what they sell. Surprise ruined.

Reminded me of many years ago when Ipods were the new thing and I ordered an engraved one for my wife for her birthday. Again, apple assured me that it would not be in apple packaging and that was correct. The problem was that the courier handed the box to my wife and said that all he had been doing all day was delivering Ipods.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Traffic Wardens.

Royal Free Hospital has no car park, the unofficial car park is the East Heath car park run by the City of London. Today because of snow it was closed and that brought out the Camden council traffic wardens in their droves! They were like sharks smelling blood in the water slapping tickets on cars left right and centre.

Yes I did get one! ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry paul, made a massive assumption. If roof lining is wet, then its gonna be door or roof seals, possible do you have roof bars (or at least the holes for them) does it have a sunroof??

Once you sort it, get the pound shop, they do these dehumidifier pots, you get like 6 for 2 quid, chuck a load of them in car for a few days! (That or old news papers)

I took the car to work yest instead the Corsa to give it a run (hasn't been used properly since Corsa arrived) so now the snow is clear it doesn't appear to be getting any wetter ..

I've put cat litter in some tights and throw 4 legs of it round the car to keep moisture down

Got one them dehumidifier bags coming for the dash board

Hair dried the footwell that was wet so it's much drier (after 2 days of towels being down) it's pretty dry now but still slightly damp

Need to give it a run once a fortnight ATM I think until lockdowns over , maybe once every 3 days at work every other week

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sunroof yes and roof bars

Prob had a leak for ages and never known as rain washes away but snow sits there ..

Going to have to clear the roof I reckon lol
Get the sunroof checked, as it may well be that the sealant around it may have broken down - I had a similar situation in a previous car