Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Footballers with nice trendy haircuts. Where have they got it done when we have been in lockdown for over 3 weeks? Pogba has a nice design shaved in his which wasn’t done 3 weeks ago

NearHull

Visit site
Footballers with nice trendy haircuts. Where have they got it done when we have been in lockdown for over 3 weeks? Pogba has a nice design shaved in his which wasn’t done 3 weeks ago
Exactly my thoughts! Professional footballers seem to be inhabiting a totally different world to the rest of us.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
E sports being reported on BBC sport like it was a sport. Computer gaming is not and never will be a sport. You can even watch it, live. Wow.

That fat kid in his bedroom, he is a real sportsman, not a lazy git.
Have you seen the money these people play for. Saw something briefly the other day and someone had won £34M in his ‘career’ and even built himself a gaming house. ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
E sports being reported on BBC sport like it was a sport. Computer gaming is not and never will be a sport. You can even watch it, live. Wow.

That fat kid in his bedroom, he is a real sportsman, not a lazy git.
How did you feel about Pacesetter and Metzy both being called out for aimbots in Warzone tournaments this week? Disgusting, eh?

I watch a lot of esports and I promise you couldn’t get close to the skill they have.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Sure, but it doesn't make it sport.
It must annoy you that you don’t get to decide that. They have to physically exert themselves (aka perform a physical task by using mouse and keyboard or a controller) to compete against others. That’s the definition of a sport.

You probably want the word exert to mean something physically taxing but it doesn’t mean that. They are sports.

D

Deleted member 15344

It must annoy you that you don’t get to decide that. They have to physically exert themselves (aka perform a physical task by using mouse and keyboard or a controller) to compete against others. That’s the definition of a sport.

You probably want the word exert to mean something physically taxing but it doesn’t mean that. They are sports.
It’s called competitive gaming within the “betting” cricket - and electronic sports.

So whilst it’s no doubt skillful , competitive and earns some people a lot of money I’m not sure it can be classed as a sport in the traditional sense