Random Irritations

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The fact my mate has now been able to play golf 2 days in a row, tomorrow will be his third, all before I even get to swing a club off the grass!

Also - the fact that said mate claims he shot 90 yesterday after only doing that a couple of times before in summer, a month off without golf, and no witnesses. I JUST DONT BELIEVE YOU MATE!

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Golf greens not being the same. Some were soft and receptive the last three rock hard and balls bounced through. I was on a good round as well.

Just thought I'd add that one in for those of you who didn't play yesterday. You see it wasn't all fun and games. LOL

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Golf greens not being the same. Some were soft and receptive the last three rock hard and balls bounced through. I was on a good round as well.

Just thought I'd add that one in for those of you who didn't play yesterday. You see it wasn't all fun and games. LOL

Our pro played with us yesterday, first hole back to back shanks, and proceeded to be short on every putt for the first 10 holes. He had a bad day.

Mandofred

Visit site
Played yesterday, and decently, but I really had to bash the putts to get them to the hole. The greens were really really slow. When they are like this my motto is "figure out how hard you need to hit it on this slow green......and then hit it a bit harder".

Mandofred

Visit site
Badgers. They have really been tearing the course up lately. Got a Whatsapp message today saying they have pretty well destroyed the first hole. Nothing you can really do about them until they tear up a certain % of the course....can't remember how much it is....but it's quite a bit.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
How utterly rubbish I am at sleeping these days. Even when I'm asleep it's so light I feel like I'm half awake and last night slept solidly for 2 hours and then woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

I used to love that moment of snuggling down for a good night's sleep and now it's so different. Age I guess...sigh...

Got some essential oils stuff coming from Amazon that gets good reviews so hoping they help :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How utterly rubbish I am at sleeping these days. Even when I'm asleep it's so light I feel like I'm half awake and last night slept solidly for 2 hours and then woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

I used to love that moment of snuggling down for a good night's sleep and now it's so different. Age I guess...sigh...

Got some essential oils stuff coming from Amazon that gets good reviews so hoping they help :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Try sleepeeze from boots

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try sleepeeze from boots

Have you tried them? Do you feel rubbish in the morning with them?

Edit - just reading and they are an anti-histamine. Reminds me when I took Piriton for an insect bite and didn't read the pack - just assumed 2 tablets! Slept like a log...might try a regular dose as we have those in the house.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

You are not alone. My wife and I are in the same boat. I'm sure the pandemic, uncertainty surrounding it, knocked out of regular routines etc, has a big part to do with it.

Please post how you find the oils. Thanks @Dando , I'll look into those as well.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yup another insomnia sufferer , any time between 3 and 5 . I'll blame that on my other irritation today

Binned playing as was going to rain all day so suggested to Senior management we go to the range . Had to go to the club to sort some stuff out and said I'd come back for her. Took longer than expected so rang her to meet me at the range . Been there waiting for her for 10 minutes when she rang asking if I was stuck in traffic, No I replied I'm waiting for you , 2 ranges 6 miles apart and yes we are at both of them . Phone call ended abruptly so waited for her and then realised as I'd not gone home didn't have my clubs with me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: SM turns up at same time as some friends of ours so was able to borrow a 6 iron from him. 9 folks on the range all nicely distanced so not too bad in the end.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The student on the radio at the moment whinging about the government's thinking around 'levelling up' for next year's exams. Her complaint? If she covers the full curriculum (as she thinks she will) she will not getting examined on it all - so what's the point in learning stuff she's not going to be getting examined on.

Now there may well be some very valid complaints and concerns raised by students around Gavin Williamson's plans - however the attitude of this student rather tells me of one very big problem with what 'learning' means to at least some students these days - that there is no point in learning something if you can't get 'certificate' recognition for it. What a sad attitude to learning and knowledge.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have you tried them? Do you feel rubbish in the morning with them?

Edit - just reading and they are an anti-histamine. Reminds me when I took Piriton for an insect bite and didn't read the pack - just assumed 2 tablets! Slept like a log...might try a regular dose as we have those in the house.

They are my go to tablets when I’m struggling to sleep.
I find that rather than send me to sleep if I do wake up I go back off quicker.
Sometimes I can feel a bit groggy in the mornings

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The student on the radio at the moment whinging about the government's thinking around 'levelling up' for next year's exams. Her complaint? If she covers the full curriculum (as she thinks she will) she will not getting examined on it all - so what's the point in learning stuff she's not going to be getting examined on.

Now there may well be some very valid complaints and concerns raised by students around Gavin Williamson's plans - however the attitude of this student rather tells me of one very big problem with what 'learning' means to at least some students these days - that there is no point in learning something if you can't get 'certificate' recognition for it. What a sad attitude to learning and knowledge.

It is a sad attitude. But unfortunately it's come from the constant need for kids to be tested and assessed these days.
League tables now mean that in many instances kids are taught how to pass exams. Some schools and parents drill it into them from an early age that not passing tests and exams will lead to a lifetime of misery. Which is why we now see kids being stressed about year 6 Sats results and parents getting their kids extra coaching for them.

We need to teach kids to be able to, and to want to learn. Not how to pass exams. Which is why we didn't send our eldest to the best rated (based on GCSE results) secondary school in our catchment. All they talked about was 'their' results. Not the kids results. And the school seemed soulless and devoid of any joy when walking around it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

You just can't help yourself, can you?

D

Deleted member 15344

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Same with the people who are analysing every single post that he makes look for some political point so that they can highlight it to everyone . If people believe he is starting to talk politics then why not just report it to a mod instead of waiting for the vultures to join in. It’s getting to the stage where one person is getting hounded at the moment waiting to trip him.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anti Vaxers

We have an issue coming up - my sister in laws brother is very much of the ilk of “natural remedies” and is not going to allow his new born to have an vaccines at all because of his beliefs.

Now the sister in law has a 6 month old son and has had all the vaccines etc. Next the brother comes back to the UK from Canada and the SIL won’t allow her kids to mix with their nephew due to the lack of vaccines- so is she being silly or is it a real threat not having the child any vaccines ( not sure of the legal side of travelling etc )

I can see exactly where my SIL is coming from - I wouldn’t want my daughter to mix with children that haven’t had inoculations