Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm starting to think my pinky fingers are abnormally short. Whenever I get gloves, whether it be golf gloves, or regular cold weather gloves, 50% of the time they fit well except for the pinky finger being 5 or 10mm too long so the tip of it can be folded over. It's really annoying! :LOL: It doesn't happen with FJ golf gloves, but has done with quite a lot of the other brands I've tried. My Nike football gloves seem to fit fine, but again the pinky is too long on the Adidas knitted gloves that I've got. Does anyone else find this or is just my abnormally short pinkies?? :eek:
alas yes, esp my left one, i always thought i was just a rubbish guitar player, but turns out im anatomically unequipped to play sus 7#

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yodel. A company that seems to survive completely in spite of itself.
Apparently I have an Amazon delivery that's been put on hold for "more information needed" by Yodel, this is because they tried yo deliver it yesterday... apparently.
According to their own tracking it never arrived in the local depot until 3am this morning so unclear how they could try to deliver something they didn't have.

Tracking shows as at depot with no hold or anything noted on it but being bombarded by Amazon notifications that are coming from Yodel saying they need more info but not what they need, beyond my name and address which they already have...

Just a piss poor company, they have one job - deliver stuff - and they are shockingly bad at it, yet companies keep using them.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh my word - every single day she's on BBC's Breakfast. She seems very popular but not sure why - thinks she's some sort of hard ass smart ass and don't think she's either!

Add to that the sound of her voice when she's trying to be said hard ass smart ass :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She's a little viper trying to come across as a fair and balanced journalist.
The way she was going at the person being interviewed about the vaccine this morning was embarrassing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to like her, but she quite clearly has an agenda now which hampers her interviewing technique, specially when politicians are on the other end. It's like she's continuously trying to points score.
we don't watch it any more, it shows how bad it is when Dan Walker is the most competant presenter on there:LOL:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Companies you order stuff from, and when some of it is missing, the only way of reporting it is flipping face book. No phone, no email, no write in a box on their web site, just face book.
I have avoided face ache for ever, I am so annoyed that I now need an account, just to sort this out.
Any chance of further business, or recommendation, straight out of the window. They can shove it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looks like we've had a spate of garage and car doors being tried. Nothing to do with workmen putting a loft conversion in (so people thinking tools may be left on sight) and people lighting the road up like Blackpool meaning it's nice and light in everyones driveway so people can see what their doing when trying locks. Fortunately apart from some damage around some garage locks and a car scratched where they tried to force the boot nothing has been taken

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had an interview 3 weeks ago and got told after a week I had got a second one - still waiting.....

I know it might not be that simple or to be in a position to be picky, but I have always considered how I am treated as a potential employee. I was pretty desperate to move a few years back, A company interviewed me 4 times, over a period of 3 months, it was between me and another person, i made it easy for them and told them to stick it in the end. Imagine how bad it is once you are an actual employee or customer is what i consider.

Good luck with the searches though guys, cant imagine its fun out there right now!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Daily Telegraph video on Youtube describing what we have to consider and do from 1st January when travelling abroad. It's also interesting and informative, with a load of stuff we all need to know about with less than 4 weeks to go.