Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
A minute's applause at The Hawthorns for Diego Maradona; in an EMPTY ground. If ever there was an opportunity for a minute's silence that the idiots wouldn't be able to spoil, this was it. Instead we have about 60 people trying to make a meaningful noise. Why, just why?

For the benefit of clarity & to frustrate the trolls, this is not a comment on whether or not Maradona should be honoured, merely the stupidity in the manner of the tribute.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A minute's applause at The Hawthorns for Diego Maradona; in an EMPTY ground. If ever there was an opportunity for a minute's silence that the idiots wouldn't be able to spoil, this was it. Instead we have about 60 people trying to make a meaningful noise. Why, just why?

For the benefit of clarity & to frustrate the trolls, this is not a comment on whether or not Maradona should be honoured, merely the stupidity in the manner of the tribute.

Good point well made. I presume (and wait for someone to enlighten me) that they've now introduced the clapping to replace the traditional silence as so many idiots were spoiling it irrespective of who they were remembering

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good point well made. I presume (and wait for someone to enlighten me) that they've now introduced the clapping to replace the traditional silence as so many idiots were spoiling it irrespective of who they were remembering

I believe minute silence is for remembering people and they brought in the applause as a celebration of that person's life rather than silence and respect like remembrance Sunday

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The amount of rubbish you see on FB that never gets pulled and I have a comment taken down for breaking commutity standards?

My mate said his Mrs stole his chips

I just said apparently women are massive chip theifs don't trust them

Even his Mrs liked it?

What's wrong with the world

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The amount of rubbish you see on FB that never gets pulled and I have a comment taken down for breaking commutity standards?

Even his Mrs liked it?

Too many snowflakes Paul, too many snowflakes.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Even his Mrs liked it?

I reckon it got pulled by the spelling police ... :)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Even his Mrs liked it?

Just swap to Twitter instead, there all you get is a disclaimer if your accusations of gender-based fried food thievery is completely unfounded.
You can even claim they are still your chips...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
:mad:If i happen to die tonight I will take one positive to my grave...
I will never have to deal with the DVSA again.
Lockdown ends midnight tomorrow....
We still have no word as to whether we can work, what restrictions are in place and what happens if tiers switch.
They won't even tell us why they're not telling us.
I suspect they're waiting for the vote on the tiers tomorrow afternoon and will make their announcement then...but they haven't thought to tell us that.:poop:
If it wasn't going to cost me over 1k in refunds for prepaid lessons I'd jack it in.
My ,icence to teach needs renewing from tomorrow as well
I'm well on the way to being mildly miffed which is when I turn green and you don't want to see .......etc etc:mad: