Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

If I was an employer I'd be telling the gov to shove that idea where the sun don't shine. My employee has had 6 weeks off with pay already this year, and now next year I'm to shell out for, possibly, two years worth of paid holidays.

6 weeks off with pay was furlough and the money to pay for that came from Government schemes

Do your company allow people to take holiday during that furlough meaning that the company had to then give the employee full pay during that period or did the government pay again.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I was an employer I'd be telling the gov to shove that idea where the sun don't shine. My employee has had 6 weeks off with pay already this year, and now next year I'm to shell out for, possibly, two years worth of paid holidays.
You can tell them all you like, it won't help. I found it best to have a good rant in my car on my own when I heard it. You can't win though so rant, get to work, suck it up.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The latest Call Of Duty, specifically Hardpoint in multiplayer.
They've completely messed up the scoring system so camping snipers or players just interested in racking up kills always come out on top now.
Playing the game as it's supposed to be played, aggressively and tactically astute does get your team the win, but has you near the bottom of the scoreboard ?
Wish I'd just bought Modern Warfare again but for the playstation.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
They've completely messed up the scoring system so camping snipers or players just interested in racking up kills always come out on top now.
Playing the game as it's supposed to be played, aggressively and tactically astute does get your team the win, but has you near the bottom of the scoreboard ?

Oooh, you can't beat United Offensive in my eyes!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
What grinds my gears is no one going for the tags on Kill Confirmed and just kill farming. Yawn.

Modern Warfare is good but I’ll never play it again now except to grind guns up for Warzone if I decide I want to stay meta.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
PayPal remains a way of paying on ebay but its becoming like Amazon in that there will be many more ways to pay.
But as a seller, when someone buys your item, even if they use PayPal, the money doesn't go into your PayPal account, it goes straight to your bank.
Ebay's payment processing will be done by a Dutch based firm Adyen and not PayPal
This is being rolled out and by the end of the year PayPal will be dropped as payment processor
https://www.salehoo.com/blog/ebay-breaks-it-off-with-paypal

My random irritation people not just posting a quick Google result that confirms the facts etc so it's not one person's idea against another

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It's not a new link, hopefully you are posting it to confirm you agree (hard to tell).
As per my original post, my irritation was with myself.
I was not furloughed and not prevented from taking leave.

As I remember it, the Government soundbite, as perpetuated by the press & media, was that you "could" carry over 4 weeks of leave. It's only when you look into it that it becomes clear that those who actually could are few & far between.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What grinds my gears is no one going for the tags on Kill Confirmed and just kill farming. Yawn.

Modern Warfare is good but I’ll never play it again now except to grind guns up for Warzone if I decide I want to stay meta.

I don't really play Kill Confirmed, I've noticed the mechanics have changed slightly as well, no mounting guns etc :mad:
Luckily my Warzone loadout has transferred from Xbox One to PS5 so I don't need to grind again...like I did last summer...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't really play Kill Confirmed, I've noticed the mechanics have changed slightly as well, no mounting guns etc :mad:
Luckily my Warzone loadout has transferred from Xbox One to PS5 so I don't need to grind again...like I did last summer...

That’s the problem from COD19 being an Infinity Ward game and Cold War being a Treyarch game - the differences will feel more stark. I’m intrigued to see how the CW guns integrate into Warzone when they merge the two titles.

I definitely agree on mounting. I instinctively try to mount my ARs in Cold War. It doesn’t help that I play so much Warzone so it makes switching over to CW more difficult. I like to play with lower sensitivity on Warzone because of the smaller field of view.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
After being side-lined for 2 weeks with a sore knee I was looking forward to playing today. Looks a nice fresh day too, but seemingly the course is water logged and closed. :mad::cry:(n)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big companies (and or retailers) running out of stock of what they know will be hot items, retailers allowing people to buy up the stocks to profit from them. Places such as Ebay and Amazon allowing sellers to profiteer. There should be some law that selling above RRP is illegal.

And the idiots for paying the inflated prices, if no one did, the vultures wouldn't buy up the stock!!

PS. If anyone sees a Mario Kart Live Home Circuit for sale, ping me!! But I am not paying above the RRP!