Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ebay is changing how you get paid for things.
They're managing the sale themselves rather than through PayPal
You can still use PayPal to pay but when you sell ebay pays it straight to your bank account minus fees.
This takes a few days..
Sold an item on Sunday evening, paid for immediately
Got an email this morning saying the money is on the way to my bank.
Will be interesting to see when it lands.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
We needed multiple originals after being told by many places they couldn’t take copies and they couldn’t return them either. Just seems a bit of rip off and a death tax!
Last time I needed any (2017), the first one was a bit much but you could have extra copies at £1 each. So I just ordered half a dozen. Didn't need them all, of course.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ebay track emails for any sign that you are looking to avoid going through their system, avoiding fees etc. One seller wanted me to buy an item through Gumtree rather than the ebay auction and I received an email very shortly afterwards advising against it and stating that my account could be suspended. Big brother............

Stick to the system, it protects you.

In fairness he's emailed back saying he will try and swap PayPal accounts to the sale, if that is at all possible.
Failing that I'll just drive down at the weekend as it's only just past Middlesbrough.

Imurg

Visit site
Ebay is changing how you get paid for things.
They're managing the sale themselves rather than through PayPal
You can still use PayPal to pay but when you sell ebay pays it straight to your bank account minus fees.
This takes a few days..
Sold an item on Sunday evening, paid for immediately
Got an email this morning saying the money is on the way to my bank.
Will be interesting to see when it lands.
Just landed now.
So 2 days to get paid..not sure I'm OK with that when it was instant through PayPal.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just landed now.
So 2 days to get paid..not sure I'm OK with that when it was instant through PayPal.
That will surely delay everything. If I am selling I would not ship until the money reaches me. That slows my shipping down, annoys the customer who has paid instantly but who has to wait longer. Let's hope they improve that.

D

Deleted member 21258

Sadly yes, twelve days ago. Her treatment hadn’t worked, her cancer had spread aggressively and she developed kidney failure as a result that couldn’t be reversed.

Sorry to hear that, terrible to lose someone that young so close to you.

Thoughts with you. Take care.

Imurg

Visit site
That will surely delay everything. If I am selling I would not ship until the money reaches me. That slows my shipping down, annoys the customer who has paid instantly but who has to wait longer. Let's hope they improve that.
They still send a notification to "post now" and, allegedly, they only do that once the payment is confirmed ie in their account so the money is safe.
They then press a button or two and it takes, seemingly, a couple of days to reach your bank.

D

Deleted member 18588

They still send a notification to "post now" and, allegedly, they only do that once the payment is confirmed ie in their account so the money is safe.
They then press a button or two and it takes, seemingly, a couple of days to reach your bank.
I'm afraid that I don't recognise the system you are using there.

I regularly sell through ebay, last completed sale at the weekend, and all my payments are via PayPal. It continues to operate in the same way as it has for the last 10 years.

Imurg

Visit site
I'm afraid that I don't recognise the system you are using there.

I regularly sell through ebay, last completed sale at the weekend, and all my payments are via PayPal. It continues to operate in the same way as it has for the last 10 years.
Its changing and by the end of the year PayPal is gone..

D

Deleted member 18588

Its changing and by the end of the year PayPal is gone..
Will it?

As I understand it PayPal will remain an option for payments for ebay purchases, just not the default.

Personally I will continue to specify it as my preferred method for sales I make and wherever possible continue to make my own payments via PayPal.

I am not a massive fan of ebay and its security.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will it?

As I understand it PayPal will remain an option for payments for ebay purchases, just not the default.

Personally I will continue to specify it as my preferred method for sales I make and wherever possible continue to make my own payments via PayPal.

I am not a massive fan of ebay and its security.

Hopefully though as a seller, it will stop you being shafted by fees, sellers fee's and then paypal fees! May as well inflate prices by 10% to cover yourself!

D

Deleted member 18588

Hopefully though as a seller, it will stop you being shafted by fees, sellers fee's and then paypal fees! May as well inflate prices by 10% to cover yourself!
Often take advantage of the £1 max selling fees.

Just compare it with conventional auction house fees.

Imurg

Visit site
PayPal remains a way of paying on ebay but its becoming like Amazon in that there will be many more ways to pay.
But as a seller, when someone buys your item, even if they use PayPal, the money doesn't go into your PayPal account, it goes straight to your bank.
Ebay's payment processing will be done by a Dutch based firm Adyen and not PayPal
This is being rolled out and by the end of the year PayPal will be dropped as payment processor

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Irritated with myself ?
Booking lots of leave as it's 'use it or lose it' time - why didn't I take more in the summer - doh.
Guess it's just been a strange year.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you not roll it over? Govt has said you can do that. Your employer should not be restricting you in that.

If I was an employer I'd be telling the gov to shove that idea where the sun don't shine. My employee has had 6 weeks off with pay already this year, and now next year I'm to shell out for, possibly, two years worth of paid holidays.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
If I was an employer I'd be telling the gov to shove that idea where the sun don't shine. My employee has had 6 weeks off with pay already this year, and now next year I'm to shell out for, possibly, two years worth of paid holidays.

I had 7 months on furlough, my employer asked me to take holiday during this period. Holiday pay was at full rate not the 80% furlough rate, so it was better for me to take it
When I went back on 2 Nov it was the start of a brand new holiday year and I had to make sure nothing was carried over. Wasn’t a problem

Still miffed that I have to take 3 days holiday over Xmas as the company goes into hibernation for a few days

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I had 7 months on furlough, my employer asked me to take holiday during this period. Holiday pay was at full rate not the 80% furlough rate, so it was better for me to take it
When I went back on 2 Nov it was the start of a brand new holiday year and I had to make sure nothing was carried over. Wasn’t a problem

Still miffed that I have to take 3 days holiday over Xmas as the company goes into hibernation for a few days

Don't mention Christmas. We have to provide skeleton cover every year & every year the same suspects duck it. This year with working from home we are all apparently supposed to be grateful that the usual skivers have volunteered to cover it. :mad::mad:

Last edited: