Random Irritations

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry for your loss Kellfire, such a sad story :(

make sure you take some time to grieve (and get help with it if needed)
My friends have rallied around me like you wouldn’t believe including offers of spending Christmas with different people. Her family have totally taken me in as one of their own, too. For that I am blessed.

I know who to reach out to when I need to - in fact, during her last few days I utilised one of the free text chat lines just to allow me to vent to someone who wasn’t there living it with us.

https://www.crisistextline.uk/

No one should ever feel ashamed to reach out and ask for help, or even just to have someone to talk to. Talking really can help focus the awful thoughts in our heads and make them more manageable.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My friends have rallied around me like you wouldn’t believe including offers of spending Christmas with different people. Her family have totally taken me in as one of their own, too. For that I am blessed.

I know who to reach out to when I need to - in fact, during her last few days I utilised one of the free text chat lines just to allow me to vent to someone who wasn’t there living it with us.

https://www.crisistextline.uk/

No one should ever feel ashamed to reach out and ask for help, or even just to have someone to talk to. Talking really can help focus the awful thoughts in our heads and make them more manageable.

great to hear you have support around you:) wish i had seen that light earlier when my mum passed many many years ago

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly yes, twelve days ago. Her treatment hadn’t worked, her cancer had spread aggressively and she developed kidney failure as a result that couldn’t be reversed.

Oh no I am so very sorry to hear that. Words can't express - heartfelt sympathy to you and your families.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
White carpet and daughters that spill a whole pint of blackcurrant juice on it. Looks like a scene from Midsomer Murders. You would think at 25 years old she could keep a firm grip of the glass.

I hate white carpets, but the previous owners had them on every downstairs floor. Just why would you put them in the entrance hall and dining room. We are changing them slowly, this may speed up the process

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sadly yes, twelve days ago. Her treatment hadn’t worked, her cancer had spread aggressively and she developed kidney failure as a result that couldn’t be reversed.

Bl00dy 'ell Marc.... you have my deepest sympathies.

I'll drag out one of my special beers tonight and raise a glass.

Take care.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
White carpet and daughters that spill a whole pint of blackcurrant juice on it. Looks like a scene from Midsomer Murders. You would think at 25 years old she could keep a firm grip of the glass.

I hate white carpets, but the previous owners had them on every downstairs floor. Just why would you put them in the entrance hall and dining room. We are changing them slowly, this may speed up the process

They don't get any better as they get older. Our youngest is 31. On her last visit she poured orange juice into a bowl and cornflakes into a glass, then stared at it for 20 secs trying to figure out what she got wrong. And she's a teacher!!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I can't make my mind up whether or not to post this in "random irritations" or "Gladden the heart."

For months and months I've been in a cycle of struggling to get to sleep and then waking up from 4am onwards. Most nights I'd struggle to sleep more than 5 hours. We're now in the middle of mad packing for our move next week and I'm regularly sleeping past 8am.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Won an Ebay auction for a new mtb helmet, the seller has emailed asking me to pay via a different PayPal account.
Hmmm, sounds dodgy, he's probably trying to avoid Ebay fees but then I don't think I have any recourse should he fail to send the helmet.
What a helmet ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Won an Ebay auction for a new mtb helmet, the seller has emailed asking me to pay via a different PayPal account.
Hmmm, sounds dodgy, he's probably trying to avoid Ebay fees but then I don't think I have any recourse should he fail to send the helmet.
What a helmet ?
Ebay track emails for any sign that you are looking to avoid going through their system, avoiding fees etc. One seller wanted me to buy an item through Gumtree rather than the ebay auction and I received an email very shortly afterwards advising against it and stating that my account could be suspended. Big brother............

Stick to the system, it protects you.