Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I doubt it, I only had two cans last night. If I've got a hangover off that then I think my drinking days are over lol.

Party Sevens?

iu

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amazon

Wife ordered 3 things yest only 2 came so contacted them. They said they would resend but would take a week. (Prime next day we had ordered on) said refund please and they were all apologetic then started blaming covid for supply issues

Please don't dare pull the covid card. Many buisness won't see the other side of covid ..yet Amazon is making their normal sales and more as people are forced to buy more from them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the project that I'm helping out by covering someone as well as my own project, they've started hounding me for things that I haven't done immediately. About this close to telling them to shove it. ??

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The hundreds of people that have descended on every local dog walking route wondering around aimlessly like zombies, doing what I imagine is practicing for the oncoming Christmas shopping spree.

YES ! This! We went out yesterday and it was rammed at one of our usual spots, so we did what any sensible person should have done. Went on by and went somewhere quieter rather than parking on the verge and cramming the place more full! Idiots.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
ARGHH Want something for the smallest one, Amazon dropped the price in their Xmas shop today!! Awesome, go to buy it. 'Usually dispatched in 1-2 Months' whats the ruddy point in listing it in their 'xmas shop'

Grrrr!!!!!!!!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
YES ! This! We went out yesterday and it was rammed at one of our usual spots, so we did what any sensible person should have done. Went on by and went somewhere quieter rather than parking on the verge and cramming the place more full! Idiots.

We did an unfruitful dragging car park loop, in the end I said bogger to this band did the same. No way could I let my dogs off the lead with that many people there. Roll on next week.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The hundreds of people that have descended on every local dog walking route wondering around aimlessly like zombies, doing what I imagine is practicing for the oncoming Christmas shopping spree.

Genuine question, are there really designated routes only used for walking dogs?
(every day's a school day)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Genuine question, are there really designated routes only used for walking dogs?
No is the answer. There are however plenty of walks that are popular with dog walkers for a range of reasons. They will also be popular with other walkers, more recently you can add cyclists into some of these routes. Dog walkers don't have exclusive rights to these routes but if you go to one then expect to see lots of dogs, possibly off lead as well.

I think the point of the post is that normally you would just see dog walkers and hardy walkers on these routes. Currently you are seeing a whole host of others of others as well, who will soon disappear again once the shops re-open. They are temporary walkers filling in time.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
11 quid? you only need one these days and then scan it. 99% of places will now accept a scanned PDF.
We needed multiple originals after being told by many places they couldn’t take copies and they couldn’t return them either. Just seems a bit of rip off and a death tax!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We needed multiple originals after being told by many places they couldn’t take copies and they couldn’t return them either. Just seems a bit of rip off and a death tax!
Our lawyer signed and verified some copies to send to various places, free , he said they don't need the originals.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

No but routes that are primarily used by dog walkers or the odd walker is now populated by hordes of families meeting up and unruly children unleashed. The dogs need different places to sniff and explore and they don’t get that walking on my heel dodging crowds.
A mild irritation.
I ended up at the golf club instead and gave the missus a tour and the dogs got a good run.

D

Deleted member 16999

We needed one (original for HMRC, one for the pension company, one for the bank and a couple of others). Think the registrar (lovely and helpful lady) recommended 10 as the average. Mind you that was eight years ago
They went up in England from £4.00 to £11.00 in 2019.