Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
the guy in the big black Range Rover texting all the way up the dual bit of the A9 from sneck to tore, drifting all over both lanes almost hit me as i finally overtook him, he did the same to about 3 other cars that had tried just before.

Did you call the police?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Crazy traffic on the first day of lock down. Shouldn't some of these people be at home?

All the people who went out last night for a last hurrah before lock up. Yes, it's legal, but it's pretty stupid, and kind of misses the point.
To be fair the school run ain't going to stop and if its anything like here there's more school traffic on the road as parents don't want the kids on public transport.
Our school run time is a complete nightmare.
Even before lockdown I stopped doing lessons between 2.30 and 4 in the afternoon...you just can't go anywhere.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Crazy traffic on the first day of lock down. Shouldn't some of these people be at home?

All the people who went out last night for a last hurrah before lock up. Yes, it's legal, but it's pretty stupid, and kind of misses the point.
Much different lockdown this time. Lots of stuff not shutting down, schools , construction etc all open. I doubt we'll see much difference.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair the school run ain't going to stop and if its anything like here there's more school traffic on the road as parents don't want the kids on public transport.
Our school run time is a complete nightmare.
Even before lockdown I stopped doing lessons between 2.30 and 4 in the afternoon...you just can't go anywhere.

Lot more people at work this lockdown aswell isn't it? Like builders were stopped first lockdown at first but this one fine from get go

Also colder people not so keen to cycle

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Much different lockdown this time. Lots of stuff not shutting down, schools , construction etc all open. I doubt we'll see much difference.
Agree with this. A lot of workplaces closed last time out of blind fear. This time companies have had months to put in safe practices, people are used to working and living with this. Retail, entertainment, food and drink establishments will close this time but I would expect all others to keep open and working.

Last time around the A1 was empty when I was going to work, the industrial estate was dead. Today it was no different to yesterday or the day before.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Agree with this. A lot of workplaces closed last time out of blind fear. This time companies have had months to put in safe practices, people are used to working and living with this. Retail, entertainment, food and drink establishments will close this time but I would expect all others to keep open and working.

Last time around the A1 was empty when I was going to work, the industrial estate was dead. Today it was no different to yesterday or the day before.

But not golf, golf bad, golf dangerous ;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing someone wearing a mask in an otherwise empty car this foggy morning ............................... with no lights on!!
Well, at least they won't be spreading Covid whilst causing an accident!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seeing someone wearing a mask in an otherwise empty car this foggy morning ............................... with no lights on!!
Well, at least they won't be spreading Covid whilst causing an accident!
I have to admit to have found myself wearing a mask in my car having been wearing it when in town - I am getting into the habit of not taking my mask off if the pavements are busy or when going between shops...

The lights thing is VERY irritating...the 'well I can see you clearly so I don't need my lights on' mentality - when the thought that does not also occur is 'well the only reason I can see you clearly is because you have your lights on - so I best put mine on' :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have to admit to have found myself wearing a mask in my car having been wearing it when in town - I am getting into the habit of not taking my mask off if the pavements are busy or when going between shops...

The lights thing is VERY irritating...the 'well I can see you clearly so I don't need my lights on' mentality - when the thought that does not also occur is 'well the only reason I can see you clearly is because you have your lights on - so I best put mine on' :)
A curse of Automatic lights...
As they work on a light sensor, more often than not its too light for them to come on.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
As they work on a light sensor, more often than not its too light for them to come on.

That's why I never put my lights on Auto. If I even fleetingly think "do I need lights" then the answer is always "yes"!

Don't like auto wipers either though! Don't think driverless cars are ever going to appeal. Control freak!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I understand headlights in poor visibility, dark, fog, rain but in broad daylight....
If you cant see a car coming at you from 200yds away unless it's got its headlights on, you shouldn't be driving.
And as for the people who have their lights and sunglasses on.......make up your mind.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Since moving to heavily wooded light and deep shape Surrey I have just always turned on my dipped headlights - especially on the sunniest of days...and I have taught my children to do the same. It costs virtually nothing and could save a life.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I understand headlights in poor visibility, dark, fog, rain but in broad daylight....
If you cant see a car coming at you from 200yds away unless it's got its headlights on, you shouldn't be driving.
And as for the people who have their lights and sunglasses on.......make up your mind.
Try driving along heavily wooded roads in very bright sunshine - one minute all is fine and dandy - next second plunged into deepest darkest shade...and you can't see any car if they don't have their lights on and they can't see you unless you do. And what does it cost to have them on in any case.

D

Deleted member 18588

Daytime Running Lights would seem to overcome the problem of being seen in "non-darkness".