Random Irritations

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think that, it comes across maybe a little bit hypocritical to be veggie but eat meat-imitation products. But maybe as pauljames said, you just need them to exist for people to wean themselves off for the first few months or whatever.
It’s like being tea total drinking alcohol free beer ??

Wolf

Visit site
Chester steps medical, £100 for 10mins ?
Absolute money earner for private medicals that you have no choice to pay for when doing certain jobs. Absolutely winds me up, especially as my saga is ongoing where I am having to appeal against a medical downgrade when I'm fully fit because they can't get their criteria right. I've had to pay £50 for 2 letters that prove I'm fully fit because the private medical company we use are incapable of getting the evidence for themselves.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Absolute money earner for private medicals that you have no choice to pay for when doing certain jobs. Absolutely winds me up, especially as my saga is ongoing where I am having to appeal against a medical downgrade when I'm fully fit because they can't get their criteria right. I've had to pay £50 for 2 letters that prove I'm fully fit because the private medical company we use are incapable of getting the evidence for themselves.

It was for a job on an offshore wind farm (which has now fallen through) and away to do the simplest of courses next week for it as well at £1300.
Absolutely disgusted right now.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Misuse of acronyms... or abuse for example UX means user experience... and incidentally they seemed to have made it into a science, apparently. I gave up reading the article as it just started to wind me up .. I was having an NER .. negative emotional response!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Misuse of acronyms... or abuse for example UX means user experience... and incidentally they seemed to have made it into a science, apparently. I gave up reading the article as it just started to wind me up .. I was having an NER .. negative emotional response!
Don't worry about it...it's an SEP..

Someone else's problem...

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worker in a shop do not have to wear one although many are. Shoppers do unless they have an exemption letter. There is a scheme where people with exemption can wear a sunflower lanyard stating they do not have to wear one. It is a good idea as it is visible to people and avoids confrontation. Of course, you may just have encountered some selfish, pig headed people 'who wont be forced to wear a mask', deep sigh.

As a shopper you don't need to have an exemption letter to avoid wearing a mask.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Don't worry about it...it's an SEP..

Someone else's problem...

I always thought it was a LOB

Load Of... Fraggered :oops:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry, you are correct. You could be fined if you don't wear one and don't have a valid reason though. You can't simply choose not to wear one.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ngs-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

You could be fined yes, but highly unlikely as nobody is enforcing it. Shop assistants can ask you to wear one but list any government reasons why you cannot and away you shop. Can easily choose “will cause severe distress” or Asthma. Nobody would then or shouldn’t question it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Problem is then i wake up my household. Plus i have respect for my other neighbours..
Midnight and the Elton John wannabe is still going....
your completely right, a response like that isn’t the answer. Plus your neighbour may have genuinely forgotten that we all have our windows open in this heat ... may be a recording and a letter saying you entered him into BGT ? bit of tongue in cheek