Random Irritations

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Cars are hideously expensive today, and on top of that I hate them.
I hate the cheap unibody construction that will never be as good as a full frame was.

I hate the tall headrests that don't let me wear my fedoras.

I like the built in GPS, the satellite radio, and the backup camera, but they've got to get get something right.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just need to note when doing an international comparisons that several EU countries have/includes data that lags behind the UK by several weeks.
Absolutely true. Countries are at different stages of the pandemic also. However these issues were roundly ignored by some when it was beneficial. Strangely enough, they’re not posting the graph anymore. Can’t think why!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The road by our station has 2 lanes and a cycle lane. It has been thus for as long as I can remember; certainly since the start of lockdown. Tonight as I came home there is a lorry full of cones is coning out one lane to provide social distancing. WTF; if this was a good idea, why wasn't it done weeks ago, and not when lockdown is being relaxed?

Meanwhile, just off the next major junction on the same road, the queue for the drive through McDonalds continues to double bank round a parking bay forcing non-McDonalds traffic towards the oncoming traffic, stopping on the approach to & even on a zebra crossing making it dangerous for pedestrians and tailing back to the traffic light junction making that unsafe & nothing is done.

So, despite the possibility of dying from obesity from the after effects of eating McDonald's food it is inherently safer to stop for a Big Mac than the shorter term possibility of dying from a road traffic accident ? ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Played tennis earlier. I used to be good at tennis, as a kid. Then as an adult as I played less I lost it a bit, but still pretty decent. Now though, it's pretty much all gone. I was absolutely abysmal. Infuriating the sheer number of seemingly simple shots that I put well, well out of the court. I lost the first five games against my mate who also hadn't played for ages and wasn't much better than me. Eventually I gave up trying to hit it properly and just started patting it back up the middle of the court as that was literally all I could do. Felt embarrassed! The only silver lining was that my first serve came back somehow, and I managed to hit 6 or 7 aces past him. Second serve was woeful though, despite taking all the pace off them I was still ballooning them out for double faults left right and centre. As I say, my mate was in a similar boat and just hitting lobs back eventually, so the worst game of tennis I've ever played ended 3-6 6-2 and we called it a draw and buggered off home. Shocking. Might be the last time I ever play tennis.

Play as long as you can run! Never give up a sport because of some bad form.
When you get old , you'd give a lot just to be able to get out there and physically do it, even if not as well as you used to .
In my case, what I'd give to play squash again.

Wolf

Visit site
Facebook 10 day challenges, my newsfeed is littered with the dross in all its different guises. Fortunately I've avoided any of the nominations thanks to being so anti social :ROFLMAO:

My other irritation is that I seem to have something everyday at the moment that irritates me , I think I'm turning into my dad :eek:

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Getting up a 6.50 this morning to book a tee time for next Saturday, only to discover the club have locked BRS pending a decision on 4 balls. I now have no idea when I will be able to book, or with who. I had a two ball, I don't have a 4 ball, I don't know when it will go live, and I have a pissed off Mrs who got woken up early this morning for nothing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Getting up a 6.50 this morning to book a tee time for next Saturday, only to discover the club have locked BRS pending a decision on 4 balls. I now have no idea when I will be able to book, or with who. I had a two ball, I don't have a 4 ball, I don't know when it will go live, and I have a pissed off Mrs who got woken up early this morning for nothing.
I was online at 7.00 but couldn't book into any slot as it said someone was booking in and when I kept refreshing the time was still there unused. Ended up calling and getting the GM to book me in for midday on Sunday. Bad enough trying to get slots without the system not letting you. Should be interesting to see how quickly the Monday 4 ball slots tomorrow when released

Wolf

Visit site
Not an irritation per se but more of a WTF moment.. Wife just ordering some hay-fever wipes. No idea if they're any good but anything that helps her, but either someone has got the world's most expensive courier or they got it wrong on delivery charges.. Think we'll take the standard free delivery ?
IMG_20200529_102959.jpg

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Honda are my irritation today

About a month ago I booked a service for one of the cars. Key worker so they happy to service it.

4th June we agree on the date. All booked in. Swapped My shifts around to fit it in.

Today I get a flyer saying Glyn Hopkins are no longer running the local Honda dealer (second time in my lifetime their franchise has ditched honda in the area) .. I emailed the lady who I had been dealing with and she confirmed my question that honda will remain under a diff franchise.

However as she doesn't work for them she can't confirm if my service will take place or not.

Really trivial matter in the grand scheme ofc but blooming annoying.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not an irritation per se but more of a WTF moment.. Wife just ordering some hay-fever wipes. No idea if they're any good but anything that helps her, but either someone has got the world's most expensive courier or they got it wrong on delivery charges.. Think we'll take the standard free delivery ?
View attachment 30915

I cant believe you are going to let your beloved suffer for 3 days

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
View attachment 30915
Seen the same sort of thing- especially on medical type things that you would want quicker, blatant profiteering

Wolf

Visit site
I cant believe you are going to let your beloved suffer for 3 days
For £55 delivery I'd let her suffer for 3 weeks ?

Seen the same sort of thing- especially on medical type things that you would want quicker, blatant profiteering
Didn't even annoy me, made me laugh especially if they think anyone is stupid enough to pay 11x the item price for delivery