Random Irritations

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If an adult can't judge a 2m distance with reasonable approximation then they shouldn't be allowed out of the house (& I don't just mean during the current lock down)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Did the shop yesterday, and the brain dead are alive & well and shopping at Sainsbury's in Epsom. Parked the car in a space far away from everyone, come back to find one parked right next to it, despite loads of alternative spaces nearby. A one way system in operation at the entrance to assist with the two metre spacing, a number of people exiting completely ignored it. Two women chatting and maintaining their two metre gap on opposite sides of the aisle, meaning anyone else who wanted to maintain the tow metres had to walk the long way round; stand two metres apart on the same side and people can pass on the other side . And the list went on. :mad::mad:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Are your skills transferable over to vessel based roles? Not sure what your role is on the rig but most of the vessel work seems to be 4 on 4 off or 6 on 6 off.

I’m hoping so, might need to do a couple of courses once I find out exact requirements.
This has all happened so quick, we still had about a year left on contract to getting stacked, to getting scrapped.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Did the shop yesterday, and the brain dead are alive & well and shopping at Sainsbury's in Epsom. Parked the car in a space far away from everyone, come back to find one parked right next to it, despite loads of alternative spaces nearby. A one way system in operation at the entrance to assist with the two metre spacing, a number of people exiting completely ignored it. Two women chatting and maintaining their two metre gap on opposite sides of the aisle, meaning anyone else who wanted to maintain the tow metres had to walk the long way round; stand two metres apart on the same side and people can pass on the other side . And the list went on. :mad::mad:
My Dad always parked in the most remote part of any car park, he once parked in the far corner of a deserted B&Q car park and came out to find a car not only parked next to him, but close enough that it was hard to get in, which set him right off, (my old man had a temper and could start an argument in a phone box). As he was stood their cursing whoever had parked next to him, over walked my Mum's, (at the time), current husband...… :ROFLMAO:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The fact that B&Q can offer me click and collect on a tin of paint but not on 10 lengths of stud work timber. How can paint be classed as essential but only having half a completed stud wall and the rest sitting on braces not be?

And that's before I start on the timber for the shed!

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
An ant invasion, doesn't bother me particularly but HID is paranoid about them. She is currently jumping about in the conservatory putting them to death.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a frustrating day booking North Berwick GC for a singles which came available at 8a.m. Spoke with them before and the club advised it is usually full by 8.30 a.m.

Alarm clock set and raring to go at7.59. CDH added, computer thinking 10 minutes, no luck, CDH details accepted info added address etc but could not move forward, phoned Club but number unobtainable, it was correct number,emailed, auto reply and contact General Manager, went to twitter, no luck.

Tried other Ipad and @8.40 received a reply from Club advising that they had accepted my application and I could pay on the day. Eureka moment!

Looked again @11 Comp full, reserve list but OK for me, Mr Smug.

Email@2 p.m. Club had decided to cancel ALL entries and the new date is Monday. Feck me!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dragging meself out of a lovely warm bed to coat the shed to find that the instructions demand it be done in temps over 10 deg C. Oh well, went back to renaming karaoke files. This is now all / well not all but I've done more than enough and will now have over 150K of songs (a few duplicates) for punters to request.

What I'm going to do tomorrow after the weekly shop I just don't know.