Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 18588

He is like a dog with a bone.....but up until recently he’s been the only voice I could see offering another opinion, but he doesn’t offer any solution. He’s also in a no win situation, if he’s wrong and this goes bad he looks like an idiot,if he’s right it’s because of the govts stringent measures.
I just find the opposing view some light relief vs the ‘ go outside & we’ll all die’ narrative

I can appreciate that.

It's just Hitchens that I find particularly annoying although I do struggle to find any common ground with those who view the Govt's actions as an attack on civil liberties.

That would be entirely contrary to Johnson's (and Cummins) core philosophy.

D

Deleted member 16999

Is it at the request of the NHS or is it a bunch of people who've decided to start a crowd funding page because they've read there's a shortage?
My point is, as has already been mentioned, the shortage is probably due to how quickly goods have been required at such short notice. Without sounding like LPL :LOL: do you have proof that the NHS cannot afford the PPE? Or is it just a matter of putting two and two together and coming up with "the NHS is skint, must be the Tories fault"?
Were has anyone mentioned tories and blame?

The NHS is short of PPE, Doctors have started a crowdfunding page:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/masks4nhsheroes

No matter how good their intention is, it’s a disgrace imo.

Seriously mate, try and keep the politics out of it. I’ve said time and time again NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR POLITICS.

Plus I’m sure you’re quite capable of doing your own research rather than trying to call me out on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

NHS is always going to be behind the curve in funding. Health solutions are becoming more sophisticated and costly because we cure the simple things quicker: the population has risen as have their expectations."

Blank cheques" given out by Government are paid by taxpayers; let's hope people are as magnanimous in future years when taxes rise.
Blank cheques (as I mentioned them) should be their when the health of the nation and possibly the biggest threat this Country has faced since WW2.

The people at the coal face should be able to face this threat without worry, I’m not suggesting a “blank cheque” free for all, and for what it’s worth I’d be more than happy for a rise in taxes if it was going straight to the NHS.

D

Deleted member 18588

Seriously mate, try and keep the politics out of it. I’ve said time and time again NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR POLITICS.

Plus I’m sure you’re quite capable of doing your own research rather than trying to call me out on it.

I think that this effort will face the same difficulties the NHS is already having with PPE.

It's not funding that is required as much as the logistics.

A giant organisation such as the NHS will always move very slowly with a lengthy supply chain.

I know of transport companies that have offered trucks and drivers free of charge to move supplies but are finding it frustrating that there is a delay in being able to provide this assistance.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think that this effort will face the same difficulties the NHS is already having with PPE.

It's not funding that is required as much as the logistics.

A giant organisation such as the NHS will always move very slowly with a lengthy supply chain.

I know of transport companies that have offered trucks and drivers free of charge to move supplies but are finding it frustrating that there is a delay in being able to provide this assistance.
Exactly and that’s what’s irritating, I believe the Government are doing their best and will have PPE along with many many items on order, what they don’t need is an outside agency trying to circumvent that process in the belief they can do it quicker and better, they actually risk clogging the pipeline up.

No matter how good their intentions are, go away!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Exactly and that’s what’s irritating, I believe the Government are doing their best and will have PPE along with many many items on order, what they don’t need is an outside agency trying to circumvent that process in the belief they can do it quicker and better, they actually risk clogging the pipeline up.

No matter how good their intentions are, go away!

NHS Supply Chain is a very slick machine. Majority owned by DHL, I found them a right royal pain in the …. to deal with. They set the bar so high and take no prisoners in not only getting it right but also getting best price.

I know from many engineers out there in the last week, deliveries are absolutely flying into the hospitals and the guys are racking up mega long days getting the equipment commissioned for use. And the training team is all over the UK supporting the introduction of the new kit and bringing new staff up to speed on it.

For all the talk of what people think isn't happening, the vast majority of it is happening, and happening at a speed that is just unreal.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Woah steady on mate, I wasn't calling you out, I asked what I thought was a reasonable question and assumed you may have the answers.
I apologise, knowing which way you dress and how passionate you have been about it I saw your original comment as a veiled dig at the government, plus there were posts who have been slagging of the Tories so I put two and two together incorrectly obviously.
I'm perfectly within my rights to post what I want though, I don't really want the forum police telling me what I can and can't do, unless it's a mod of course (y)

sunshine

Visit site
Tikka Is just how the meat is cooked.. I always have a tikka Madras as it adds extra flavour to the meat and makes sure it's cooked

You can tikka any curry

No, tikka can refer to the cut, but typically it is a spice blend. If you ordered chicken tikka it would be pieces that had been marinated in a spice blend. Madras is a different spice blend.

D

Deleted member 16999

Woah steady on mate, I wasn't calling you out, I asked what I thought was a reasonable question and assumed you may have the answers.
I apologise, knowing which way you dress and how passionate you have been about it I saw your original comment as a veiled dig at the government, plus there were posts who have been slagging of the Tories so I put two and two together incorrectly obviously.
I'm perfectly within my rights to post what I want though, I don't really want the forum police telling me what I can and can't do, unless it's a mod of course (y)
14 words I posted and get the third degree because you read those words as a veiled dig and apparently you know me! :rolleyes:

You crack on posting what you like, I find it strange I’ve never seen you ask any other poster to justify their “random irritation”

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife gave me a speech about keeping up a regular regime for our son .. school work time table etc ...
7.00 am, no alarm, me - think we need to get up and maintain normal procedures... response, nothing is happening go back to sleep.
And we still cannot have cold pizza and wine for breakfast!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
14 words I posted and get the third degree because you read those words as a veiled dig and apparently you know me! :rolleyes:

You crack on posting what you like, I find it strange I’ve never seen you ask any other poster to justify their “random irritation”

Honestly mate, I tried having a normal conversation like I would with anyone and you've gone all ranty again.
I wasnt asking you to justify anything, I was merely wanting you to reciprocate as I didn't have the answer myself.
Stop being so touchy.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Listened to a local (UK) radio station online over the weekend. The local funeral director was advertising their services, bad times are never universal it seems