Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 16999

Stoke footballer refuses to wear a poppy, which I do agree is his right.

Posted a pic on his Instagram about home schooling, decided to do it about history and wore a balaclava for comedic effect.
Comedic effect? He posted it on Instagram for the world to see!

Teaching his 2 kids history whilst wearing a balaclava! Absolutely hilarious!! I take it we can all joke about the NI troubles eh!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Todays post

Christchurch Police UK
·
We are extremely concerned and disappointed to see so many people ignoring government guidelines regarding COVID19. We were forced to close coastal car parks due to the high volume of visitors arriving for a day out!One driver laughed when we tried to educate him about the dangers we currently face

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The public.

Sorry and all that, but if the news keeps saying how thick they are and we don't get any better by the end of April then I'll take my chances. I'm following gov rules and regs so if no one else ios then sod it.

Oh and apparently we are still allowing flights ion from Italy / Spain / USA. Not to mention immigrants floating over on bouncy castles. Why the hell should I boyther then.

Come on Pritti. Sort it all out!!!! Stuff Boris and his a thickhead "advisors"

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Can't we just let the Darwin effect run it's course with these cretins insisting they're fine mingling with themselves?
I followed a driving instructor today giving a lesson... hardly 2 metres...
At least after the Covid crisis the average IQ will have been raised a little.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't we just let the Darwin effect run it's course with these cretins insisting they're fine mingling with themselves?
I followed a driving instructor today giving a lesson... hardly 2 metres...
At least after the Covid crisis the average IQ will have been raised a little.
If it was just them then I wouldn't be losing sleep. Unfortunately they will then go and infect countless innocents ?. In addition the more idiots mingle and infect then the longer the lock down continues, the more we are all inconvenienced, the economy jiggered.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have also seen a few driving instructors out and about giving driving lessons recently.
I know many of the ADI's around here are the sole or major bread winner for the household and sometimes have to borrow from parents to keep themselves afloat.
We have been advised to not give lessons as social distancing is impossible
It seems some are prepared to take the risk for a few quid as they may not be able to wait until June for the SE package to kick in.
Driving tests are available for key workers so they may be getting a student nurse or junior doctor to test readiness.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Went for a walk yesterday. Walked past the car park for our local woods, and it was chokka with parked cars. And a police van. If they were there to advise people they shouldn't drive to the woods, it wasn't working. If they weren't? What were they there for? Cars were arriving as I walked past, nothing said.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went for a walk yesterday. Walked past the car park for our local woods, and it was chokka with parked cars. And a police van. If they were there to advise people they shouldn't drive to the woods, it wasn't working. If they weren't? What were they there for? Cars were arriving as I walked past, nothing said.
dogging party?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Todays post

Christchurch Police UK
·
We are extremely concerned and disappointed to see so many people ignoring government guidelines regarding COVID19. We were forced to close coastal car parks due to the high volume of visitors arriving for a day out!One driver laughed when we tried to educate him about the dangers we currently face

Been a mixed/changing message in these parts... Initially the car parks for parks, woods and Lido were left open... That was changed to being fully closed... That stayed in place for a couple of days before reverting back to being open... Car park to the Lido, which in normal circumstances can get very busy even mid-week, had less than twenty vehicles parked up... Could still see many dog walkers about so they'll be (guessing) those living within walking distance... In the adjacent woods, where I walked, saw less than a handful of others out walking/cycling... Easy to keep to big distances of separation...

D

Deleted member 23270

Today is my birthday

It's been a very weird one. Tried to make most / best of the situation ..

Couldn't see my friends or parents etc so did video calls

My sister walked round put my present in porch and watched me open via the window .. my daughter waved at her lovely

Got to spend some time at home

Have come to work.. decided right as it's Mt birthday im at least going to treat myself to my fav curry

Chicken tikka Madras .. just right

It arrives ... It's a blooming vinderloo!!!!?? The potatoes gave it away

Far too hot for me.. so it's ended up being chicken tikka bits.. a naan and 3 popadoms

£15 well spent

However I appreciate there are people far worse off than me.
If it's too hot mix in a bit of yoghurt or mango chutney and that will calm it down a bit.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been a mixed/changing message in these parts... Initially the car parks for parks, woods and Lido were left open... That was changed to being fully closed... That stayed in place for a couple of days before reverting back to being open... Car park to the Lido, which in normal circumstances can get very busy even mid-week, had less than twenty vehicles parked up... Could still see many dog walkers about so they'll be (guessing) those living within walking distance... In the adjacent woods, where I walked, saw less than a handful of others out walking/cycling... Easy to keep to big distances of separation...

Also, in these parts, that the HS2 works remain in operation is a major thorne... Not welcomed before covid so certainly a major gripe now...

D

Deleted member 17920

Oh and apparently we are still allowing flights ion from Italy / Spain / USA. Not to mention immigrants floating over on bouncy castles. Why the hell should I boyther"
have you thought about why these flights are happening?

They are taking tourists home and mainly freight flights

Some are actually going out empty to bring tourists home. Mainly ones that ignored recent advice to go but did so anyway, probably out of fear they was going to lose money!!!! Remind you of anyone???

The last emirates flight out of heathrow on Wednesday was full inbound from Dubai. Had 1 passenger on the way back had a full A380 to themselves

Wonder if they got an upgrade ?