Random Irritations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't no

Madras is my go to

I do like a varity of flavours but it is my preferred

We ordering in again tomorrow so will see how that goes

If you fancy cooking I have a seriously good Madras recipe if you want it.
Only problem is, will going out to buy the ingredients be classed as essential shopping? I'd say yes obviously :LOL:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Yesterday's random irritation was 6 hours on hold to make changes to Mrs. BiM's car insurance. 6 hours of the phone on speaker whilst I worked and the irritating "jingly muzak".

D

Deleted member 16999

J McClean! Hopefully all those that defended him over the years on here will be as quick to condemn!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
BBC again. Coverage on the 6 o'clock news gushing about a kid missing his birthday party so all his friends were driven past his house to wish him a happy birthday...

Essential journeys??

It is my birthday today and it's my first birthday without sharing it with my twin brother .......................... in 62 years!
It breaks my heart, but doesn't kill me.
A non-essential journey could.
Just got to do what's right, regardless of how difficult that may be.
Short term pain for long term gain.
Total no brainer.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
One of our nurses going to a local Asda who were opening early for NHS staff. Massive queue and she estimated about a 30%-70% split between NHS and ordinary folk and no separation so those in front of her (and therefore non-essential) let in without any check for ID or staff passes. Total waste of time

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
One of our nurses going to a local Asda who were opening early for NHS staff. Massive queue and she estimated about a 30%-70% split between NHS and ordinary folk and no separation so those in front of her (and therefore non-essential) let in without any check for ID or staff passes. Total waste of time

How on earth can she estimate that??

Did she wear scrubs Or something whilst the rest were in civvies?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How on earth can she estimate that??

Did she wear scrubs Or something whilst the rest were in civvies?

Because there were plenty in the queue that had come off the night shift at the hospital she recognised and some in the queue had kids with them (bit of a giveaway). I think her bigger gripe was the fact that there was no checks at all and so the NHS didn't really get any benefit for getting there early.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
BBC again. Coverage on the 6 o'clock news gushing about a kid missing his birthday party so all his friends were driven past his house to wish him a happy birthday...

Essential journeys??

Yes they do manage to beggar it up. Broadcasting reports that PM and Health Sec have only mild infections and are then show them happily chatting. How many are going to see that and wonder what the fuss is all about - really helpful!!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Because there were plenty in the queue that had come off the night shift at the hospital she recognised and some in the queue had kids with them (bit of a giveaway). I think her bigger gripe was the fact that there was no checks at all and so the NHS didn't really get any benefit for getting there early.

I fully agree that they should check everyone and her guesstimate may well be right. But her logic that she’s simply presuming that all that she didn’t recognise from a previous night shift is massively flawed.
as to the kids, if it was whole families then. I’d probably agree that there pulling a fast one, but if it was simply one parent. It could be that the other parent is a key worker.

Considering the support for the nhs last night, I think more people may be respecting it than people believe.